Football: Wingate & Finchley to use new all-weather pitch in Hadley Wood
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier club Wingate & Finchley have a new facility to look forward to after an all-weather pitch was unveiled in Hadley Wood.
The Blues will be one of four clubs to benefit from the new facility, which received a grant of over £500,000 from the Premier League and FA Facilities fund.
With the opening of the new pitch, Wingate hope to re-establish their women’s team as well form a disability team.
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks was among a number of famous faces present for the opening.
And the England international believes Wingate and the local area will received plenty of benefits from the new pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“This new pitch is obviously going to have a great effect on the amount and quality of football played here,” said the 21-year-old.
“Local grassroots clubs are really lucky to get access to this! I’ve played on some great surfaces, so I know what a difference this can make to your game.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
“I’m so pleased to see money from the Premier League and FA Facilities Fund being used to deliver facilities like this.”