Football: Wingate & Finchley to use new all-weather pitch in Hadley Wood
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier club Wingate & Finchley have a new facility to look forward to after an all-weather pitch was unveiled in Hadley Wood.
The Blues will be one of four clubs to benefit from the new facility, which received a grant of over £500,000 from the Premier League and FA Facilities fund.
With the opening of the new pitch, Wingate hope to re-establish their women’s team as well form a disability team.
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks was among a number of famous faces present for the opening.
And the England international believes Wingate and the local area will received plenty of benefits from the new pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“This new pitch is obviously going to have a great effect on the amount and quality of football played here,” said the 21-year-old.
“Local grassroots clubs are really lucky to get access to this! I’ve played on some great surfaces, so I know what a difference this can make to your game.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
“I’m so pleased to see money from the Premier League and FA Facilities Fund being used to deliver facilities like this.”