Football: Wingate & Finchley to use new all-weather pitch in Hadley Wood
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier club Wingate & Finchley have a new facility to look forward to after an all-weather pitch was unveiled in Hadley Wood.
The Blues will be one of four clubs to benefit from the new facility, which received a grant of over £500,000 from the Premier League and FA Facilities fund.
With the opening of the new pitch, Wingate hope to re-establish their women’s team as well form a disability team.
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks was among a number of famous faces present for the opening.
And the England international believes Wingate and the local area will received plenty of benefits from the new pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“This new pitch is obviously going to have a great effect on the amount and quality of football played here,” said the 21-year-old.
“Local grassroots clubs are really lucky to get access to this! I’ve played on some great surfaces, so I know what a difference this can make to your game.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
“I’m so pleased to see money from the Premier League and FA Facilities Fund being used to deliver facilities like this.”