Football: Wingate & Finchley to use new all-weather pitch in Hadley Wood
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier club Wingate & Finchley have a new facility to look forward to after an all-weather pitch was unveiled in Hadley Wood.
The Blues will be one of four clubs to benefit from the new facility, which received a grant of over £500,000 from the Premier League and FA Facilities fund.
With the opening of the new pitch, Wingate hope to re-establish their women’s team as well form a disability team.
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks was among a number of famous faces present for the opening.
And the England international believes Wingate and the local area will received plenty of benefits from the new pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“This new pitch is obviously going to have a great effect on the amount and quality of football played here,” said the 21-year-old.
“Local grassroots clubs are really lucky to get access to this! I’ve played on some great surfaces, so I know what a difference this can make to your game.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
“I’m so pleased to see money from the Premier League and FA Facilities Fund being used to deliver facilities like this.”