Football: King Alfred girls celebrate
- Credit: © Vervate/Simon Dack
Hampstead’s King Alfred School were celebrating before the half-term break after their under-13 girls won silverware at the National ISA Football Festival.
The pupils travelled to the LVS Ascot School in Reading, where almost 400 girls from 46 teams across the country were taking part.
And after battling through a group phase, the King Alfred girls beat Somerset’s Park School in their final to win the under-13 Trophy.
Arsenal’s Heather O’Reilly – a World Cup winner with the United States – was on hand to present medals and said: “It’s exciting to be at an event like this to see how the sport has grown over here, how many girls are having fun playing and learning so many qualities about themselves through football.
“LVS Ascot has amazing facilities, there are so many beautiful fields for the girls to compete on.”
You may also want to watch:
King Alfred’s under-15s were edged out by Akeley Wood in the plate final of their competition.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'