Isthmian Premier: Folkestone Invicta 1 Haringey Borough 1
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough nabbed a vital 1-1 draw against league leaders Folkestone Invicta despite being depleted through injury and suspensions.
Joshua Vincent netted in the 80th minute for the hosts but Romoluwa Akinola levelled the scored with one minute left in the encounter at The Build Kent Stadium.
Manager Tom Loizou had a tough job with team selection as defender Coby Rowe left the club to join National League outfit Sutton United ahead of the clash.
Goalkeeper Valery Pajetat, Lionel Stone, Rakim Richards, Michael O'Donoghue, Chiduben Onokwai, Michael Ademiluyi all ruled out through injury and illness while Dimitri Froxylias was suspended.
Back against the walls they put in a strong effort and it took until the 80th minute for Folkestone to get off the mark as Vincent found the net even with Haringey getting Salvyn Kisitu sent off in the 67th minute.
Borough fought back to seal a 1-1 draw as Akinola struck a lovely effort past goalkeeper Tim Roberts one minute before full-time.
Folkestone Invicta: Roberts, Vincent, Blanks, O'Mara, Davies, Dolan, Heard, Everitt (McCann 77), Jackson, Dos Santos (McKenzie 71), Ter Horst.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
Unused subs: Hasler, Sterling, Newcombe.
Haringey Borough: Miles, Ismail, Kisitu, Djassi-Sambu, Demetriou, Alexandrou, Michael-Percil, Aresti, Solomou (McDonald 73), Durojaiye, Akinola.
Unused subs: Panagiotou, Loizou, Dervishan.