Finchley, Haringey look to climb standings
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
In an article from our ‘Engage’ supplement, we preview the new London Three North West season for Finchley and the upcoming Herts/Middlesex Two term for Haringey Rhinos
Finchley will look to better themselves in London Three North West this season after narrowly missing out on a top-half finish last term.
The Summers Lane club finished last season in seventh in the table, just six points back from Kilburn Cosmos in sixth.
Finchley only ended the term 19 points adrift of third-placed Stevenage Town and will hope that points to division being competitive this term, with Grasshoppers and Welwyn having been promoted.
And if it is a tight division, the Summers Lane club will hope they can feature in any promotion battle.
* Haringey Rhinos will hope the new Herts/Middlesex Two season brings fresh reasons for optimism.
The New River Stadium club finished bottom of the standings last term, winning just three of their sixteen matches in the division.
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 9 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 10 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
With a new campaign almost upon them, Haringey will hope they can avoid a similar fate this time around as they bid to climb the table and move up the stadinings in Herts/Middlesex One.