Chisora gets rematch with Whyte
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces a rematch against fierce rival Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The pair memorably first met in Manchester two years ago, with Chisora beaten by a controversial split decision after 12 brutal rounds.
Since then, however, the 34-year-old has lost just once in four subsequent bouts and has steadily rebuilt his career.
Chisora’s most recent victory came in July when he stunningly stopped Carlos Takam in the eighth round of their contest, with ‘WAR’ behind on the judges’ cards at the time.
You may also want to watch:
That incredible success has vaulted Chisora back towards the top of the heavyweight scene, and another superb victory in December would almost certainly boost his calls for a shot at a world title.
The 34-year-old, however, will come up against a testing foe in Whyte, whose last two wins have seen him beat former world champions Lucas Browne and Joseph Parker.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal