Chisora gets rematch with Whyte
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces a rematch against fierce rival Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The pair memorably first met in Manchester two years ago, with Chisora beaten by a controversial split decision after 12 brutal rounds.
Since then, however, the 34-year-old has lost just once in four subsequent bouts and has steadily rebuilt his career.
Chisora’s most recent victory came in July when he stunningly stopped Carlos Takam in the eighth round of their contest, with ‘WAR’ behind on the judges’ cards at the time.
You may also want to watch:
That incredible success has vaulted Chisora back towards the top of the heavyweight scene, and another superb victory in December would almost certainly boost his calls for a shot at a world title.
The 34-year-old, however, will come up against a testing foe in Whyte, whose last two wins have seen him beat former world champions Lucas Browne and Joseph Parker.
- 1 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 2 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 9 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 10 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site