Chisora gets rematch with Whyte
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces a rematch against fierce rival Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The pair memorably first met in Manchester two years ago, with Chisora beaten by a controversial split decision after 12 brutal rounds.
Since then, however, the 34-year-old has lost just once in four subsequent bouts and has steadily rebuilt his career.
Chisora’s most recent victory came in July when he stunningly stopped Carlos Takam in the eighth round of their contest, with ‘WAR’ behind on the judges’ cards at the time.
You may also want to watch:
That incredible success has vaulted Chisora back towards the top of the heavyweight scene, and another superb victory in December would almost certainly boost his calls for a shot at a world title.
The 34-year-old, however, will come up against a testing foe in Whyte, whose last two wins have seen him beat former world champions Lucas Browne and Joseph Parker.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues