Chisora gets rematch with Whyte
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces a rematch against fierce rival Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The pair memorably first met in Manchester two years ago, with Chisora beaten by a controversial split decision after 12 brutal rounds.
Since then, however, the 34-year-old has lost just once in four subsequent bouts and has steadily rebuilt his career.
Chisora’s most recent victory came in July when he stunningly stopped Carlos Takam in the eighth round of their contest, with ‘WAR’ behind on the judges’ cards at the time.
You may also want to watch:
That incredible success has vaulted Chisora back towards the top of the heavyweight scene, and another superb victory in December would almost certainly boost his calls for a shot at a world title.
The 34-year-old, however, will come up against a testing foe in Whyte, whose last two wins have seen him beat former world champions Lucas Browne and Joseph Parker.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 8 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote