Chisora breaths new life into career with stoppage of Takam
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from north London
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora produced a stunning knockout win against Carlos Takam on Saturday to breath new life into his career, writes Ken Sellek.
The 34-year-old was in action on a Matchroom show at The O2 in London on a bill headlined by fellow British heavyweight Dillian Whyte’s points win against Joseph Parker.
Against Frenchman Takam in what was a bruising encounter, the man known as ‘Del Boy’ delivered plenty of punishing blows, but also had to deal with those from his rival.
Chisora produced a huge right hand over the top in the eighth round that sent Takam crashing to the canvas.
You may also want to watch:
Though the Frenchman survived the count, the Finchley heavyweight finished the job soon after.
The 35-year-old has now won each of his last two bouts and will hope by beating Takam, who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles last October, he has put himself back in the reckoning for the big bouts.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 8 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Redeveloping pubs and shops steals value from surrounding homes