Finchley heavyweight Chisora emphatically beats Gashi on points
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ex-Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay also triumphed on same Matchroom show on Saturday
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora got his career back on track with a landslide points success over Senad Gashi at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The 35-year-old was in action on a stacked Matchroom bill in the capital that also featured David Allen’s stunning stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Against German rival Gashi, Chisora was on the front foot from the off and regularly put his opponent under pressure.
That was enough to see the 35-year-old awarded the victory by unanimous decision after 10 rounds of action.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the card was former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay, who beat bantamweight rival Roz Mari Silyanova.
The 25-year-old was able to come away with another success after beating her Bulgarian opponent on points, but later admitted to being frustrated by Silyanova.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Courtenay posted on Twitter: “She was a frustrating opponent, but it was a great learning fight in the early stages of my career.”