Finchley heavyweight Chisora emphatically beats Gashi on points
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ex-Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay also triumphed on same Matchroom show on Saturday
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora got his career back on track with a landslide points success over Senad Gashi at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The 35-year-old was in action on a stacked Matchroom bill in the capital that also featured David Allen’s stunning stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Against German rival Gashi, Chisora was on the front foot from the off and regularly put his opponent under pressure.
That was enough to see the 35-year-old awarded the victory by unanimous decision after 10 rounds of action.
Also on the card was former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay, who beat bantamweight rival Roz Mari Silyanova.
The 25-year-old was able to come away with another success after beating her Bulgarian opponent on points, but later admitted to being frustrated by Silyanova.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 9 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 10 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
Courtenay posted on Twitter: “She was a frustrating opponent, but it was a great learning fight in the early stages of my career.”