Finchley heavyweight Chisora emphatically beats Gashi on points
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ex-Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay also triumphed on same Matchroom show on Saturday
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora got his career back on track with a landslide points success over Senad Gashi at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The 35-year-old was in action on a stacked Matchroom bill in the capital that also featured David Allen’s stunning stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Against German rival Gashi, Chisora was on the front foot from the off and regularly put his opponent under pressure.
That was enough to see the 35-year-old awarded the victory by unanimous decision after 10 rounds of action.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the card was former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay, who beat bantamweight rival Roz Mari Silyanova.
The 25-year-old was able to come away with another success after beating her Bulgarian opponent on points, but later admitted to being frustrated by Silyanova.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Courtenay posted on Twitter: “She was a frustrating opponent, but it was a great learning fight in the early stages of my career.”