Finchley heavyweight Chisora emphatically beats Gashi on points
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ex-Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay also triumphed on same Matchroom show on Saturday
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora got his career back on track with a landslide points success over Senad Gashi at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The 35-year-old was in action on a stacked Matchroom bill in the capital that also featured David Allen’s stunning stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Against German rival Gashi, Chisora was on the front foot from the off and regularly put his opponent under pressure.
That was enough to see the 35-year-old awarded the victory by unanimous decision after 10 rounds of action.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the card was former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay, who beat bantamweight rival Roz Mari Silyanova.
The 25-year-old was able to come away with another success after beating her Bulgarian opponent on points, but later admitted to being frustrated by Silyanova.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
Courtenay posted on Twitter: “She was a frustrating opponent, but it was a great learning fight in the early stages of my career.”