Finchley heavyweight Chisora emphatically beats Gashi on points
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ex-Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay also triumphed on same Matchroom show on Saturday
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora got his career back on track with a landslide points success over Senad Gashi at The O2 Arena on Saturday night.
The 35-year-old was in action on a stacked Matchroom bill in the capital that also featured David Allen’s stunning stoppage of heavyweight foe Lucas Browne.
Against German rival Gashi, Chisora was on the front foot from the off and regularly put his opponent under pressure.
That was enough to see the 35-year-old awarded the victory by unanimous decision after 10 rounds of action.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the card was former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay, who beat bantamweight rival Roz Mari Silyanova.
The 25-year-old was able to come away with another success after beating her Bulgarian opponent on points, but later admitted to being frustrated by Silyanova.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley
Courtenay posted on Twitter: “She was a frustrating opponent, but it was a great learning fight in the early stages of my career.”