Coronavirus: International hockey now ‘free to watch’ at home
- Credit: PA
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has decided to withdraw any geo-blocking in place for all FIH Hockey Pro League matches from 2019 and 2020 on its free OTT platform www.FIH.live.
The same will apply for all FIH Hockey Olympic qualifiers, which were played in October and November last year.
This comes in addition to all matches from both 2018 World Cups, men and women, being already available (with no geo-blocking) at fih.live/competitions/women-world-cup and fih.live/competitions/men-world-cup
“As hockey fans and players around the world are staying at home to help the fight against COVID-19, FIH has decided to strengthen its engagement with them by bringing the best of hockey to their households,” said FIH chief executive Thierry Weil.
Furthermore, FIH is currently producing a number of additional programmes for use by its 32 broadcast partners, reaching 192 countries around the world.
You may also want to watch:
The programming will include:
• FIH Hockey Pro League 2020: Season So Far (26 minutes)
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
• FIH Hockey Pro League 2019: How They Won It (26 minutes)
• Men’s Hockey World Cup Review 2018 (52 minutes)
• Women’s Hockey World Cup Review 2018 (52 minutes)
• Classic FIH Hockey Pro League Matches 2019 (26 minutes)
These programmes will also be available over the next couple of weeks on FIH social media platforms.