Blues handed another tough away draw in FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wingate & Finchley will visit Chippenham Town in the third qualifying round
The draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy was made this morning and Wingate & Finchley have been handed a tough away trip to Chippenham Town.
The tie is set to be played on the weekend of November 23-25 and the winning club will pocket £5,000 in prize money.
It will be difficult for the Blues, however, against one of the best clubs in the National League South.
After 17 games Chippenham are seventh and currently in the play-off positions with eight wins to their name.
You may also want to watch:
Wingate will travel to Wiltshire confident of causing an upset, though, after producing a fine comeback on Saturday to reach the third qualifying round.
Glen Little’s men made the long trip to Devon to take on Tiverton Town and were 2-0 down early in the second half after conceding straight before the break and then almost immediately after.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
Goals from Marc Weatherstone and Charlie Cole got the Blues back on level terms and an unfortunately own-goal from Scott Rogers handed them a stunning 3-2 victory.
It saw them pocket £4,000 in prize money and the Maurice Rebak Stadium club will hope to earn more success in two weeks time.