Blues handed another tough away draw in FA Trophy
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wingate & Finchley will visit Chippenham Town in the third qualifying round
The draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy was made this morning and Wingate & Finchley have been handed a tough away trip to Chippenham Town.
The tie is set to be played on the weekend of November 23-25 and the winning club will pocket £5,000 in prize money.
It will be difficult for the Blues, however, against one of the best clubs in the National League South.
After 17 games Chippenham are seventh and currently in the play-off positions with eight wins to their name.
You may also want to watch:
Wingate will travel to Wiltshire confident of causing an upset, though, after producing a fine comeback on Saturday to reach the third qualifying round.
Glen Little’s men made the long trip to Devon to take on Tiverton Town and were 2-0 down early in the second half after conceding straight before the break and then almost immediately after.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Goals from Marc Weatherstone and Charlie Cole got the Blues back on level terms and an unfortunately own-goal from Scott Rogers handed them a stunning 3-2 victory.
It saw them pocket £4,000 in prize money and the Maurice Rebak Stadium club will hope to earn more success in two weeks time.