Wingate to visit Hemel in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
The draw for the second round of this season’s FA Trophy has been made
Wingate & Finchley will visit Hemel Hempstead Town of the Vanarama National League South in the second round of the Buildbase FA Trophy.
The draw was made live on talkSPORT2 on Monday afternoon, with all 32 sides remaining in the competition involved.
The Blues have been handed an away draw against the Tudors, who play at Vauxhall Road.
Wingate made it through to the second round with a victory over one of Hemel’s divisional rivals on Saturday, beating Dulwich Hamlet 2-0 at home.
Under manager Glen Little, the Maurice Rebak Stadium side will hoping to cause another cup shock against the Tudors.
If they can get the better of Hemel, it will be another exciting step on a journey through the FA Trophy for Wingate.
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 9 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 10 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
Ties in the second round will take place over the weekend of January 12, with victors pocketing £7,000 in prize money.
FA Trophy second round, selected ties: Hemel Hempstead Town v WINGATE & FINCHLEY.