Date announced for Haringey and Yeovil FA Cup replay but league game is postponed
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The FA Cup tie between Haringey Borough and Yeovil, which was abandoned due to alleged racist abuse, will be replayed on Tuesday, October 29.
But tomorrow's Isthmian Premier Division game away at Bowers & Pitsea has been postponed following the events of Saturday's FA Cup tie.
Haringey manager Tom Loizou made the decision to take his players off the pitch after goalkeeper Valery Pajetat reportedly had objects thrown at him and defender Coby Rowe was allegedly racially abused.
Police have arrested a 23-year-old man and a 26-year-old man from Chard and Yeovil on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault.
The Borough will progress to the first round of the FA Cup for the second season running if they can win the replay.
In a statement, the FA said it was "deeply concerned" about the allegations and is investigating what happened "as a matter of urgency".
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 5272/19 Oct.
You may also want to watch:
The game will kick off at 7.45pm.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute