Date announced for Haringey and Yeovil FA Cup replay but league game is postponed
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The FA Cup tie between Haringey Borough and Yeovil, which was abandoned due to alleged racist abuse, will be replayed on Tuesday, October 29.
But tomorrow's Isthmian Premier Division game away at Bowers & Pitsea has been postponed following the events of Saturday's FA Cup tie.
Haringey manager Tom Loizou made the decision to take his players off the pitch after goalkeeper Valery Pajetat reportedly had objects thrown at him and defender Coby Rowe was allegedly racially abused.
Police have arrested a 23-year-old man and a 26-year-old man from Chard and Yeovil on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault.
The Borough will progress to the first round of the FA Cup for the second season running if they can win the replay.
In a statement, the FA said it was "deeply concerned" about the allegations and is investigating what happened "as a matter of urgency".
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 5272/19 Oct.
You may also want to watch:
The game will kick off at 7.45pm.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run