FA Cup: Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
Haringey Borough booked their place in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Saturday.
Dimitri Froxylias' second half penalty was enough to hand Borough the win over their Isthmian League Premier Division rivals after Georgios Aresti was fouled by Mitchell Nelson.
Cray had the ball in the net in the first half through Joe Taylor but it was ruled out for offside.
Haringey also threatened in the first half - Froxylias shooting over before Anthos Solomou volleyed off target.
You may also want to watch:
Borough put pressure on their opponents in the second half and were rewarded on 58 minutes when Aresti was fouled and Froxylias calmly converted the spot-kick.
Chances were hard to come by for Wanderers as Haringey's defence stayed firm to secure the win.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash