FA Cup: Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
Haringey Borough booked their place in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Saturday.
Dimitri Froxylias' second half penalty was enough to hand Borough the win over their Isthmian League Premier Division rivals after Georgios Aresti was fouled by Mitchell Nelson.
Cray had the ball in the net in the first half through Joe Taylor but it was ruled out for offside.
Haringey also threatened in the first half - Froxylias shooting over before Anthos Solomou volleyed off target.
Borough put pressure on their opponents in the second half and were rewarded on 58 minutes when Aresti was fouled and Froxylias calmly converted the spot-kick.
Chances were hard to come by for Wanderers as Haringey's defence stayed firm to secure the win.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club