FA Cup: Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough 1 Cray Wanderers 0
Haringey Borough booked their place in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Saturday.
Dimitri Froxylias' second half penalty was enough to hand Borough the win over their Isthmian League Premier Division rivals after Georgios Aresti was fouled by Mitchell Nelson.
Cray had the ball in the net in the first half through Joe Taylor but it was ruled out for offside.
Haringey also threatened in the first half - Froxylias shooting over before Anthos Solomou volleyed off target.
You may also want to watch:
Borough put pressure on their opponents in the second half and were rewarded on 58 minutes when Aresti was fouled and Froxylias calmly converted the spot-kick.
Chances were hard to come by for Wanderers as Haringey's defence stayed firm to secure the win.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour