FA Cup: Haringey Borough 4 Bideford 1
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Bostik North rivals Heybridge Swifts in the fourth qualifying round draw of the FA Cup after beating Bideford on Saturday.
The north London club are 90 minutes away from a place in the first round proper for the first time in their history after Ralston Gabriel hit a hat-trick at Coles Park against the Evo-Stik Southern League West Division side at the weeend.
A loose clearance fell kindly for Gabriel to open the scoring on 23 minutes, drilling a low shot into the corner of the net.
And Bideford never managed to test Valery Pajetat’s shot-stopping abilities in the first half, as two fierce shots flashed inches wide.
Anthony McDonald doubled Haringey’s lead early in the second half with an accurate shot and victory was all but secured before the hour when the visiting keeper rushed out of his goal but failed to make contact and saw Gabriel race past him to score.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford kept plugging away and forced Pajetat into a superb fingertip save before finally netting their consolation.
But Gabriel had completed his treble by them with a shot on the turn in the 70th minute as Tom Loizou’s men made it six wins and a draw in the month of September.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
After banking £7,500 in prize money, Haringey were then handed another winnable home tie in Monday’s draw and will be hoping to make more history on October 14 and join League One and Two clubs in the hat for the next round.
They are in FA Trophy action this weekend as Whyteleafe visit Coles Park for a preliminary round tie.
Haringey: Pajetat, Olufemi, M O’Donoghue, Yiga, Mitchel (Ademiluyi 59), Sheriff, Richards, Djassi-Sambu, Gabriel, J O’Donoghue (Luke 70), McDonald (Coley 70). Unused subs: Willer, Goather-Braithwaite, Byfield.