Ex-Olympian pips Highgate duo
Duncan Burbridge and John Laybourne led the way for Highgate Harriers in the London Heathside 5 mile race at Finsbury Park on Sunday. Burbridge finished fifth in 27 minutes 49 seconds, with Laybourne one place behind in 27:54. Highgate s Rob Walker came 1
Duncan Burbridge and John Laybourne led the way for Highgate Harriers in the London Heathside 5 mile race at Finsbury Park on Sunday.
Burbridge finished fifth in 27 minutes 49 seconds, with Laybourne one place behind in 27:54.
Highgate's Rob Walker came 18th in 30:36 in a race won by two-time Ugandan Olympian Paskar Owor in 25:45. Walker also won the Finsbury Park 5k in 18:12 with Stanley Harrison fourth in 19:20.
Elsewhere, in the Newham London 10k Run in Olympic Park on Sunday, John O'Shea, an over-45 runner, finished ninth of 300 runners. O'Shea knocked almost half a second off his lifetime best to post a time of 36:54.
You may also want to watch:
At Sunday's Bath Half Marathon Stephen Whiting came 52nd out of over 1500 runners in 1:14.43, while Baard Lynges came 108th in 1:19.20.
On Saturday, Jonathan Deane came third in the Regent's Park 10k in 35:50 with over-60 runner Chris Barker 156th (56:02) and Jeffrey Wiseman 186th (60:55).
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
In the Middlesex Indoor Championships, Liam Ormes and Maxime Pellet both won silver in the long jump. Pellet jumped a best of 6.15 metres in the senior men's competition while Ormes jumped 5.14m in the under-17 men's competition.
Highgate will kick off with their first important outdoor track meeting of the season on March 31 at Parliament Hill Fields, combining with the City of London for the open meeting at 6.30pm.