Ex-Olympian pips Highgate duo
Duncan Burbridge and John Laybourne led the way for Highgate Harriers in the London Heathside 5 mile race at Finsbury Park on Sunday. Burbridge finished fifth in 27 minutes 49 seconds, with Laybourne one place behind in 27:54. Highgate s Rob Walker came 1
Duncan Burbridge and John Laybourne led the way for Highgate Harriers in the London Heathside 5 mile race at Finsbury Park on Sunday.
Burbridge finished fifth in 27 minutes 49 seconds, with Laybourne one place behind in 27:54.
Highgate's Rob Walker came 18th in 30:36 in a race won by two-time Ugandan Olympian Paskar Owor in 25:45. Walker also won the Finsbury Park 5k in 18:12 with Stanley Harrison fourth in 19:20.
Elsewhere, in the Newham London 10k Run in Olympic Park on Sunday, John O'Shea, an over-45 runner, finished ninth of 300 runners. O'Shea knocked almost half a second off his lifetime best to post a time of 36:54.
You may also want to watch:
At Sunday's Bath Half Marathon Stephen Whiting came 52nd out of over 1500 runners in 1:14.43, while Baard Lynges came 108th in 1:19.20.
On Saturday, Jonathan Deane came third in the Regent's Park 10k in 35:50 with over-60 runner Chris Barker 156th (56:02) and Jeffrey Wiseman 186th (60:55).
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
In the Middlesex Indoor Championships, Liam Ormes and Maxime Pellet both won silver in the long jump. Pellet jumped a best of 6.15 metres in the senior men's competition while Ormes jumped 5.14m in the under-17 men's competition.
Highgate will kick off with their first important outdoor track meeting of the season on March 31 at Parliament Hill Fields, combining with the City of London for the open meeting at 6.30pm.