Ho delivers assured displays at European Championships
- Credit: Remy Gros
Paddington youngster represented her country in Spain
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho turned in some good performances as she reached the last 32 of the European Championships in Alicante.
The 20-year-old was top seed in her women’s singles group and won it with relative ease.
That put Ho into the last 64, joining the 32 seeded players, and she upset 32nd-seed Italy’s Deborah Vivarelli, ranked 11 places higher at number 89 in the world, 4-1.
However, 13th seed Polina Mikhailova of Russia was too strong for her in the last 32, winning 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Ho went one better in the mixed doubles alongside Liam Pitchford, with whom she won Commonwealth Games silver in April.
They reached the last 16 and were narrowly by the third seeds Alvaro Robles and Galia Dvorak of Spain, going down 3-2.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
In the women’s doubles, Ho played alongside Charlotte Carey of Wales, but went out in their first match 3-0 to Serbia’s Izabela Lupulesku and Sabina Surjan.