Ho delivers assured displays at European Championships
- Credit: Remy Gros
Paddington youngster represented her country in Spain
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho turned in some good performances as she reached the last 32 of the European Championships in Alicante.
The 20-year-old was top seed in her women’s singles group and won it with relative ease.
That put Ho into the last 64, joining the 32 seeded players, and she upset 32nd-seed Italy’s Deborah Vivarelli, ranked 11 places higher at number 89 in the world, 4-1.
However, 13th seed Polina Mikhailova of Russia was too strong for her in the last 32, winning 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Ho went one better in the mixed doubles alongside Liam Pitchford, with whom she won Commonwealth Games silver in April.
They reached the last 16 and were narrowly by the third seeds Alvaro Robles and Galia Dvorak of Spain, going down 3-2.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
In the women’s doubles, Ho played alongside Charlotte Carey of Wales, but went out in their first match 3-0 to Serbia’s Izabela Lupulesku and Sabina Surjan.