England release Goode back to Saracens
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Saracens full-back Alex Goode is one of 10 England that have been allowed to return to their clubs by tomorrow evening to be available for Premiership games this weekend.
The half-back played for Saracens in Friday’s 17-16 Heineken Cup defeat to Toulouse at Wembley - the Hendon side’s first loss of the season.
Twenty-four hours later he travelled with Owen Farrell, Chris Ashton, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola and Joel Tomkins for a squad meet-up ahead of the QBE internationals in November.
The other players that will rejoin their clubs under the terms of the Elite Performance Squad agreement are: Danny Care (Harlequins), Christian Wade (Wasps), Dave Attwood (Bath), Freddie Burns, (Gloucester) Luther Burrell (Harlequins), Kyle Eastmond (Bath), Ben Foden (Northampton), Tom Johnson (Exeter) and Matt Kvesic (Gloucester).
England head coach Stuart Lancaster said: “It has been good to get into camp and spend some time with the players. I have met all of them individually and today they had forwards’ and backs’ meetings and a positive training session at West Park Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
“Under the terms of the Elite Player Squad agreement we are releasing 10 players back, some of whom will play in the Aviva Premiership this weekend. There are still places to play for and we won’t finalise the side to play Australia until much closer to the game, not least because of the matches this coming weekend, so it’s a chance for those going back to stake a final claim for inclusion in the 23.”
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass