England players back Hampstead Cricket Club’s coaching programme for women
- Credit: Archant
England women’s cricket team helped to launch Hampstead Cricket Club’s female coaching programme on Sunday.
Club chairman Jim Carter, who plays Mr. Carson in Downton Abbey, was delighted with the 500-strong turnout to the event at Lymington Road.
On this occasion, Carter acted as compere as the England players delivered masterclasses to more than 100 girls.
He said: “It was fantastic for getting them into cricket – this is our first year offering coaching for girls and around 30 have already signed up.”
The women’s team rounded off the day by playing against a mixture of the Hampstead men’s teams.
You may also want to watch:
Carter added: “There were a couple of our 15 year-olds who really distinguished themselves, along with representatives from our other teams.
“It looked as though the men were cruising to victory but the England women tightened their grip right at the end to win.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
“The whole day was a fantastic showcase of women’s cricket.”