England players back Hampstead Cricket Club’s coaching programme for women
- Credit: Archant
England women’s cricket team helped to launch Hampstead Cricket Club’s female coaching programme on Sunday.
Club chairman Jim Carter, who plays Mr. Carson in Downton Abbey, was delighted with the 500-strong turnout to the event at Lymington Road.
On this occasion, Carter acted as compere as the England players delivered masterclasses to more than 100 girls.
He said: “It was fantastic for getting them into cricket – this is our first year offering coaching for girls and around 30 have already signed up.”
The women’s team rounded off the day by playing against a mixture of the Hampstead men’s teams.
You may also want to watch:
Carter added: “There were a couple of our 15 year-olds who really distinguished themselves, along with representatives from our other teams.
“It looked as though the men were cruising to victory but the England women tightened their grip right at the end to win.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
“The whole day was a fantastic showcase of women’s cricket.”