England players back Hampstead Cricket Club’s coaching programme for women
- Credit: Archant
England women’s cricket team helped to launch Hampstead Cricket Club’s female coaching programme on Sunday.
Club chairman Jim Carter, who plays Mr. Carson in Downton Abbey, was delighted with the 500-strong turnout to the event at Lymington Road.
On this occasion, Carter acted as compere as the England players delivered masterclasses to more than 100 girls.
He said: “It was fantastic for getting them into cricket – this is our first year offering coaching for girls and around 30 have already signed up.”
The women’s team rounded off the day by playing against a mixture of the Hampstead men’s teams.
You may also want to watch:
Carter added: “There were a couple of our 15 year-olds who really distinguished themselves, along with representatives from our other teams.
“It looked as though the men were cruising to victory but the England women tightened their grip right at the end to win.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
“The whole day was a fantastic showcase of women’s cricket.”