England players back Hampstead Cricket Club’s coaching programme for women
- Credit: Archant
England women’s cricket team helped to launch Hampstead Cricket Club’s female coaching programme on Sunday.
Club chairman Jim Carter, who plays Mr. Carson in Downton Abbey, was delighted with the 500-strong turnout to the event at Lymington Road.
On this occasion, Carter acted as compere as the England players delivered masterclasses to more than 100 girls.
He said: “It was fantastic for getting them into cricket – this is our first year offering coaching for girls and around 30 have already signed up.”
The women’s team rounded off the day by playing against a mixture of the Hampstead men’s teams.
You may also want to watch:
Carter added: “There were a couple of our 15 year-olds who really distinguished themselves, along with representatives from our other teams.
“It looked as though the men were cruising to victory but the England women tightened their grip right at the end to win.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
“The whole day was a fantastic showcase of women’s cricket.”