Ekundayo retains European title with points win over Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Larry Ekundayo retained his IBF Europeanwelterweight title with a points win over Louis Greene at York Hall on Saturday.
Though Ekundayo won on a wide decision by the three judges, all rounds were competitive and the former Haringey Police amateur had to maintain his focus against a previously unbeaten rival.
The 36-year-old brought plenty of support for the bout at York Hall and said after: “Lewis was a tough kid.
“I hurt him a few times and I was told by my team to keep it simple, which is what I did.”
You may also want to watch:
It was a superb end to the year for Ekundayo and one that he hopes will form the basis for a successful year in 2019.
*Edmonton heavyweight Ryan Charles maintained his unbeaten record with a dominant victory over Swindon’s Phil Williams.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
Referee Lee Cook awarded all four rounds in Charles’ favour to give the 32-year-old a winning end to the year.