Ekundayo retains European title with points win over Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Larry Ekundayo retained his IBF Europeanwelterweight title with a points win over Louis Greene at York Hall on Saturday.
Though Ekundayo won on a wide decision by the three judges, all rounds were competitive and the former Haringey Police amateur had to maintain his focus against a previously unbeaten rival.
The 36-year-old brought plenty of support for the bout at York Hall and said after: “Lewis was a tough kid.
“I hurt him a few times and I was told by my team to keep it simple, which is what I did.”
You may also want to watch:
It was a superb end to the year for Ekundayo and one that he hopes will form the basis for a successful year in 2019.
*Edmonton heavyweight Ryan Charles maintained his unbeaten record with a dominant victory over Swindon’s Phil Williams.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Referee Lee Cook awarded all four rounds in Charles’ favour to give the 32-year-old a winning end to the year.