Ekundayo retains European title with points win over Greene
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Larry Ekundayo retained his IBF Europeanwelterweight title with a points win over Louis Greene at York Hall on Saturday.
Though Ekundayo won on a wide decision by the three judges, all rounds were competitive and the former Haringey Police amateur had to maintain his focus against a previously unbeaten rival.
The 36-year-old brought plenty of support for the bout at York Hall and said after: “Lewis was a tough kid.
“I hurt him a few times and I was told by my team to keep it simple, which is what I did.”
It was a superb end to the year for Ekundayo and one that he hopes will form the basis for a successful year in 2019.
*Edmonton heavyweight Ryan Charles maintained his unbeaten record with a dominant victory over Swindon’s Phil Williams.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 6 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 7 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
- 10 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
Referee Lee Cook awarded all four rounds in Charles’ favour to give the 32-year-old a winning end to the year.