Dulwich Hamlet 1 Wingate & Finchley 2: Late own goal hands Blues victory at Dulwich
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dulwich Hamlet 1 (Clunis 45) Wingate & Finchley 2 (Obafemi 76, Hayles o.g. 90)
A stoppage-time own goal helped Wingate & Finchley come from behind to win 2-1 at Bostik Premier title hopefuls Dulwich Hamlet.
The Blues looked to have been given a boost in the first half when Sierra Leone international Ibrahim Kargbo was dismissed for the hosts in the 40th minute.
However, Keith Rowland’s men conceded the opener on the stroke of half time when Nyren Clunis found the target.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium outfit drew level in the 76th minute when former Leyton Orient forward Afolabi Obafemi found the target.
You may also want to watch:
And with the match seemingly heading for a draw, Wingate won the match in stoppage time when Dulwich defender Ricky Hayles scored an own goal.
With the win, the Blues remain ninth, but were able to move to within a point of the play-off places.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Dulwich: Edwards, Taylor, Green, Kargbo, Hayles, Chambers, Clunis, Beaney (Faal 89), Allassani (Boakye-Yiadom 89), Carew (Onovwigun 71), Ferguson.
Subs: Weatherstone, Ming.
Wingate: Gore, Ifil, Mavila, Vilcu, Eales, Rifat, Barker (Tejan-Sie 64), Laney, Charles-Smith (Pattie 83), Beckles-Richards, Monville (Obafemi 56).
Subs: Dickson, Conteh.