Dulwich Hamlet 1 Wingate & Finchley 2: Late own goal hands Blues victory at Dulwich
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dulwich Hamlet 1 (Clunis 45) Wingate & Finchley 2 (Obafemi 76, Hayles o.g. 90)
A stoppage-time own goal helped Wingate & Finchley come from behind to win 2-1 at Bostik Premier title hopefuls Dulwich Hamlet.
The Blues looked to have been given a boost in the first half when Sierra Leone international Ibrahim Kargbo was dismissed for the hosts in the 40th minute.
However, Keith Rowland’s men conceded the opener on the stroke of half time when Nyren Clunis found the target.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium outfit drew level in the 76th minute when former Leyton Orient forward Afolabi Obafemi found the target.
You may also want to watch:
And with the match seemingly heading for a draw, Wingate won the match in stoppage time when Dulwich defender Ricky Hayles scored an own goal.
With the win, the Blues remain ninth, but were able to move to within a point of the play-off places.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Dulwich: Edwards, Taylor, Green, Kargbo, Hayles, Chambers, Clunis, Beaney (Faal 89), Allassani (Boakye-Yiadom 89), Carew (Onovwigun 71), Ferguson.
Subs: Weatherstone, Ming.
Wingate: Gore, Ifil, Mavila, Vilcu, Eales, Rifat, Barker (Tejan-Sie 64), Laney, Charles-Smith (Pattie 83), Beckles-Richards, Monville (Obafemi 56).
Subs: Dickson, Conteh.