Dulwich Hamlet 1 Wingate & Finchley 2: Late own goal hands Blues victory at Dulwich
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dulwich Hamlet 1 (Clunis 45) Wingate & Finchley 2 (Obafemi 76, Hayles o.g. 90)
A stoppage-time own goal helped Wingate & Finchley come from behind to win 2-1 at Bostik Premier title hopefuls Dulwich Hamlet.
The Blues looked to have been given a boost in the first half when Sierra Leone international Ibrahim Kargbo was dismissed for the hosts in the 40th minute.
However, Keith Rowland’s men conceded the opener on the stroke of half time when Nyren Clunis found the target.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium outfit drew level in the 76th minute when former Leyton Orient forward Afolabi Obafemi found the target.
And with the match seemingly heading for a draw, Wingate won the match in stoppage time when Dulwich defender Ricky Hayles scored an own goal.
With the win, the Blues remain ninth, but were able to move to within a point of the play-off places.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
Dulwich: Edwards, Taylor, Green, Kargbo, Hayles, Chambers, Clunis, Beaney (Faal 89), Allassani (Boakye-Yiadom 89), Carew (Onovwigun 71), Ferguson.
Subs: Weatherstone, Ming.
Wingate: Gore, Ifil, Mavila, Vilcu, Eales, Rifat, Barker (Tejan-Sie 64), Laney, Charles-Smith (Pattie 83), Beckles-Richards, Monville (Obafemi 56).
Subs: Dickson, Conteh.