Dulwich Hamlet 1 Wingate & Finchley 2: Late own goal hands Blues victory at Dulwich
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dulwich Hamlet 1 (Clunis 45) Wingate & Finchley 2 (Obafemi 76, Hayles o.g. 90)
A stoppage-time own goal helped Wingate & Finchley come from behind to win 2-1 at Bostik Premier title hopefuls Dulwich Hamlet.
The Blues looked to have been given a boost in the first half when Sierra Leone international Ibrahim Kargbo was dismissed for the hosts in the 40th minute.
However, Keith Rowland’s men conceded the opener on the stroke of half time when Nyren Clunis found the target.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium outfit drew level in the 76th minute when former Leyton Orient forward Afolabi Obafemi found the target.
You may also want to watch:
And with the match seemingly heading for a draw, Wingate won the match in stoppage time when Dulwich defender Ricky Hayles scored an own goal.
With the win, the Blues remain ninth, but were able to move to within a point of the play-off places.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
Dulwich: Edwards, Taylor, Green, Kargbo, Hayles, Chambers, Clunis, Beaney (Faal 89), Allassani (Boakye-Yiadom 89), Carew (Onovwigun 71), Ferguson.
Subs: Weatherstone, Ming.
Wingate: Gore, Ifil, Mavila, Vilcu, Eales, Rifat, Barker (Tejan-Sie 64), Laney, Charles-Smith (Pattie 83), Beckles-Richards, Monville (Obafemi 56).
Subs: Dickson, Conteh.