Dual delight as Hampstead & Westminster sides come from behind to win
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s first teams both came from behind to win at the weekend, with the ladies maintaining their perfect start to the season and the men securing their first victory.
H&W’s ladies have just started their first ever season in the National League and they look right at home with three wins from three after fighting back from two goals down to win 4-2 at Sevenoaks, leaving them second in the table.
The home side scored from two penalty corners in the first seven minutes, but Hampstead hit back as Emma Stocking guided Alice Garrad’s low shot into the net.
Centre-back Fleur Horner played like a woman possessed and scored the equaliser before the break – and they went ahead in the second period as Amy Askew finished off a deflected corner before Louise Radford polished off a good team move inside the D.
Meanwhile, Hampstead’s men’s team triumphed 2-1 at Canterbury to win at the third attempt and climb into fourth spot in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
They also fell behind early on, conceding in the eighth minute, but Neil Hamilton immediately levelled from a penalty corner at the other end.
The game heated up and players were sin-binned on both sides, with Canterbury being reduced to nine men after the break – and Hamilton struck his second goal, and the winner, on the hour-mark.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'