Drake hat-trick helps Hampstead Ladies into final of Women’s Intermediate Plate
- Credit: Archant
Robyn Drake scored a hat-trick as Hampstead Ladies thumped Supermarine 41-7 to secure a place in the final of the Women’s Intermediate Plate.
Hampstead had been disappointed in their previous outing, missing out on promotion after a defeat against Blackheath in their final league game of the season.
But Sunday’s home win means they will compete for a national trophy in Litchfield on March 29, when they face West Bridgford, who play in the division above – Championship North Division One – and beat Manchester 73-5 in their semi-final.
Visiting Supermarine exerted early pressure on Hampstead, but a crucial turnover and some slick hands allowed Drake to run from inside her own half and score her first try of the day.
Flanker Niki Fitzgerald then broke away and Anna Jones was on hand to score the second try, and winger Mel Wright also touched down before the break, while No10 Fran Hall added the conversions.
You may also want to watch:
Supermarine got their own try after the interval, but Hampstead eased away with scores from Faye Hamp and Ruth Burns, while Drake completed her treble.
Hampstead Ladies’ second team were also at home, but they lost 33-31 to Canterbury with the last play of a thrilling match.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station