Double joy for Harriers women
HIGHGATE Harriers women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places. The result confirmed Harriers second place in the overall standings at the end of the season...
HIGHGATE Harriers' women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places.
The result confirmed Harriers' second place in the overall standings at the end of the season. Highgate amassed 2633 points to finish hard on the heels of winners Woodford Green (2691), with Serpentine RC third (2352) and London Heathside fourth (2080).
Svenja Abel (pictured) (22:08) was the winner, ahead of second-placed Esther Evans (22:24) and Becky Penty (22:24) in third.
Highgate finished up with 567 points on the day, Woodford Green were second (522), Shaftesbury Barnet third (503) and Serpentine RC fourth with 417 points.
You may also want to watch:
The trio were followed by Katie Meredith in ninth, Kate Jenrick in 13th, Sarah Bailey in 17th, Astrid Wingler in 18th and Rhian Hampson-Jones in 24th.
Highgate Harriers' veteran women joined in the success by winning their section of the league with 845 points, ahead of Woodford Green (758), while Ealing, Southall & Middx were third with 693 points.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Highgate men were third in their Division One meeting on Saturday, which was won by Woodford Green with Essex Ladies with 8394 points.
Serpentine RC were second (8265), ahead of the Harriers, who amassed 6727 points. Highgate's scoring runners were Henry Dodwell in 10th, followed by Shaun Dixon (15th), Peter Downie (33rd), Dale Bickham (52nd), and Alex Davidson (62nd).