Double joy for Harriers women
HIGHGATE Harriers women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places. The result confirmed Harriers second place in the overall standings at the end of the season...
HIGHGATE Harriers' women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places.
The result confirmed Harriers' second place in the overall standings at the end of the season. Highgate amassed 2633 points to finish hard on the heels of winners Woodford Green (2691), with Serpentine RC third (2352) and London Heathside fourth (2080).
Svenja Abel (pictured) (22:08) was the winner, ahead of second-placed Esther Evans (22:24) and Becky Penty (22:24) in third.
Highgate finished up with 567 points on the day, Woodford Green were second (522), Shaftesbury Barnet third (503) and Serpentine RC fourth with 417 points.
You may also want to watch:
The trio were followed by Katie Meredith in ninth, Kate Jenrick in 13th, Sarah Bailey in 17th, Astrid Wingler in 18th and Rhian Hampson-Jones in 24th.
Highgate Harriers' veteran women joined in the success by winning their section of the league with 845 points, ahead of Woodford Green (758), while Ealing, Southall & Middx were third with 693 points.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Highgate men were third in their Division One meeting on Saturday, which was won by Woodford Green with Essex Ladies with 8394 points.
Serpentine RC were second (8265), ahead of the Harriers, who amassed 6727 points. Highgate's scoring runners were Henry Dodwell in 10th, followed by Shaun Dixon (15th), Peter Downie (33rd), Dale Bickham (52nd), and Alex Davidson (62nd).