Double joy for Harriers women
HIGHGATE Harriers women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places. The result confirmed Harriers second place in the overall standings at the end of the season...
HIGHGATE Harriers' women won the final Metropolitan League race of the season at Perivale on Saturday after filling the first three places.
The result confirmed Harriers' second place in the overall standings at the end of the season. Highgate amassed 2633 points to finish hard on the heels of winners Woodford Green (2691), with Serpentine RC third (2352) and London Heathside fourth (2080).
Svenja Abel (pictured) (22:08) was the winner, ahead of second-placed Esther Evans (22:24) and Becky Penty (22:24) in third.
Highgate finished up with 567 points on the day, Woodford Green were second (522), Shaftesbury Barnet third (503) and Serpentine RC fourth with 417 points.
The trio were followed by Katie Meredith in ninth, Kate Jenrick in 13th, Sarah Bailey in 17th, Astrid Wingler in 18th and Rhian Hampson-Jones in 24th.
Highgate Harriers' veteran women joined in the success by winning their section of the league with 845 points, ahead of Woodford Green (758), while Ealing, Southall & Middx were third with 693 points.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 5 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 6 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
Highgate men were third in their Division One meeting on Saturday, which was won by Woodford Green with Essex Ladies with 8394 points.
Serpentine RC were second (8265), ahead of the Harriers, who amassed 6727 points. Highgate's scoring runners were Henry Dodwell in 10th, followed by Shaun Dixon (15th), Peter Downie (33rd), Dale Bickham (52nd), and Alex Davidson (62nd).