Debut delight for Tess
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut. Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall...
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut.
Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall with a time of 24 minutes 46 seconds, having hung on well after a flying start.
Ella Waldman led the race for a while and was the first Heathside woman home in third place in 22:39.
The veterans' team, led by Louise Waldman and Jackie Wastell, also performed well, with Waldman finishing 42nd in 25:51 and Wastell in 44th with 25:58.
You may also want to watch:
There were several teenagers competing in the men's race, with Mehertab Soloman comfortably the top Heathside man with a time of 27:31, although he faded after a solid start to slip from the top six to 14th.
Six of the next seven runners were veterans as Heathside ensured they already have a healthy lead to defend that title, with Paul Lemmon (40th in 29:21), Martin Potter (47th in 29:30) and John Flahive (54th in 30:14) the first Heathsiders to finish.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
The team eventually finished seventh, a couple of places down on their early target for the season.