Debut delight for Tess
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut. Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall...
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut.
Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall with a time of 24 minutes 46 seconds, having hung on well after a flying start.
Ella Waldman led the race for a while and was the first Heathside woman home in third place in 22:39.
The veterans' team, led by Louise Waldman and Jackie Wastell, also performed well, with Waldman finishing 42nd in 25:51 and Wastell in 44th with 25:58.
There were several teenagers competing in the men's race, with Mehertab Soloman comfortably the top Heathside man with a time of 27:31, although he faded after a solid start to slip from the top six to 14th.
Six of the next seven runners were veterans as Heathside ensured they already have a healthy lead to defend that title, with Paul Lemmon (40th in 29:21), Martin Potter (47th in 29:30) and John Flahive (54th in 30:14) the first Heathsiders to finish.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 4 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
The team eventually finished seventh, a couple of places down on their early target for the season.