Debut delight for Tess
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut. Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall...
LONDON Heathside's women enjoyed a solid start to their Metropolitan League season at Ruislip, with Tess Mewton putting in a brilliant performance on her club debut.
Mewton crossed the line in 23rd place overall with a time of 24 minutes 46 seconds, having hung on well after a flying start.
Ella Waldman led the race for a while and was the first Heathside woman home in third place in 22:39.
The veterans' team, led by Louise Waldman and Jackie Wastell, also performed well, with Waldman finishing 42nd in 25:51 and Wastell in 44th with 25:58.
There were several teenagers competing in the men's race, with Mehertab Soloman comfortably the top Heathside man with a time of 27:31, although he faded after a solid start to slip from the top six to 14th.
Six of the next seven runners were veterans as Heathside ensured they already have a healthy lead to defend that title, with Paul Lemmon (40th in 29:21), Martin Potter (47th in 29:30) and John Flahive (54th in 30:14) the first Heathsiders to finish.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 5 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 8 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 9 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
The team eventually finished seventh, a couple of places down on their early target for the season.