Daly extends Saracens stay until 2023
- Credit: PA
England international Elliot Daly has agreed a new three-year deal with Saracens.
The British and Irish Lions back only arrived at the north London club last summer, but will be part of Mark McCall’s side in the Championship next season.
Since joining from Wasps, the 27-year-old has played seven times for Saracens and will stay at the club even after they are relegated from the Gallagher Premiership for breaching salary cap regulations in each of the last three seasons.
Daly said: “I haven’t been here that long but I really feel part of the Saracens family, so it was an easy decision.
“I’m looking forward to the next three years. Hopefully we can do some special things.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens director of rugby McCall added: “We are thrilled that Elliot has committed his future to the club.
“He has been a pleasure to work with in his short time with us and there is no doubt that he will have a significant role to play in the exciting years that lie ahead.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
“Despite his many achievements on the field, Elliot remains incredibly modest and is highly respected within the group.”
Daly is the latest player to commit his long-term future to Saracens after news of fellow internationals Mako Vunipola and Jamie George also signing new deals was announced over the past week.