Curtis sees of best of British to win Sabre Tournament
CAMDEN Fencing club s Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday. The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the
CAMDEN Fencing club's Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday.
The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the top 10 ranked British juniors.
In the final Miller beat British No. 2 Alexander Crutchett 15-9.
Soji Aiyenuro, 15, made it through to the last eight before losing to Jake Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
Gianfranco Artesi, 14, was 20th,. Fabio Aiyenuro 23rd and Eucalypta Bradley was 14th in the girls event.
Meanwhile 18 Camden sabreurs and 8 foilists qualified for the British Youth Championships at the London Championships at Mulberry School. Champions included Jack Horrix, Edward Horrix Under-12 sabre and Alex Hamilton-Holbrook.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points