Curtis sees of best of British to win Sabre Tournament
CAMDEN Fencing club s Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday. The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the
CAMDEN Fencing club's Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday.
The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the top 10 ranked British juniors.
In the final Miller beat British No. 2 Alexander Crutchett 15-9.
Soji Aiyenuro, 15, made it through to the last eight before losing to Jake Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
Gianfranco Artesi, 14, was 20th,. Fabio Aiyenuro 23rd and Eucalypta Bradley was 14th in the girls event.
Meanwhile 18 Camden sabreurs and 8 foilists qualified for the British Youth Championships at the London Championships at Mulberry School. Champions included Jack Horrix, Edward Horrix Under-12 sabre and Alex Hamilton-Holbrook.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home