Curtis sees of best of British to win Sabre Tournament
CAMDEN Fencing club s Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday. The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the
CAMDEN Fencing club's Curtis Miller belied his age when he won the Whitgift Under-20 Sabre Tournament in South Croydon on Saturday.
The 16-year-old cadet beat No. 3 ranked Jake Rowley to book his place in the final of the event that attracted nine of the top 10 ranked British juniors.
In the final Miller beat British No. 2 Alexander Crutchett 15-9.
Soji Aiyenuro, 15, made it through to the last eight before losing to Jake Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
Gianfranco Artesi, 14, was 20th,. Fabio Aiyenuro 23rd and Eucalypta Bradley was 14th in the girls event.
Meanwhile 18 Camden sabreurs and 8 foilists qualified for the British Youth Championships at the London Championships at Mulberry School. Champions included Jack Horrix, Edward Horrix Under-12 sabre and Alex Hamilton-Holbrook.
- 1 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 2 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 3 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft