Cumberland unveil new squash courts
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club celebrated a key moment in their history recently with the official opening of two new squash courts.
World-ranked players James Wilstrop, Paul Coll, Laura Massaro and Alison Waters attended the unveiling and, after a ribbon-cutting ceremony, played very competitive exhibition matches.
The action was followed by a Q&A session, with all four players entertaining members with anecdotes and passing on some helpful coaching tips.
And the clubhouse was full to capacity with past and present members, sponsors and members of the squash ‘family’ on a memorable evening.
Nick Dart, squash chairman and the driving force behind the project, thanked everyone for attending and gave a brief history of the building of the new courts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These new squash courts, together with the four existing courts, will provide excellent squash facilities for our current members and a future generation at the Cumberland.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham