Cumberland unveil new squash courts
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club celebrated a key moment in their history recently with the official opening of two new squash courts.
World-ranked players James Wilstrop, Paul Coll, Laura Massaro and Alison Waters attended the unveiling and, after a ribbon-cutting ceremony, played very competitive exhibition matches.
The action was followed by a Q&A session, with all four players entertaining members with anecdotes and passing on some helpful coaching tips.
And the clubhouse was full to capacity with past and present members, sponsors and members of the squash ‘family’ on a memorable evening.
Nick Dart, squash chairman and the driving force behind the project, thanked everyone for attending and gave a brief history of the building of the new courts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These new squash courts, together with the four existing courts, will provide excellent squash facilities for our current members and a future generation at the Cumberland.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?