Cumberland unveil new squash courts
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club celebrated a key moment in their history recently with the official opening of two new squash courts.
World-ranked players James Wilstrop, Paul Coll, Laura Massaro and Alison Waters attended the unveiling and, after a ribbon-cutting ceremony, played very competitive exhibition matches.
The action was followed by a Q&A session, with all four players entertaining members with anecdotes and passing on some helpful coaching tips.
And the clubhouse was full to capacity with past and present members, sponsors and members of the squash ‘family’ on a memorable evening.
Nick Dart, squash chairman and the driving force behind the project, thanked everyone for attending and gave a brief history of the building of the new courts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These new squash courts, together with the four existing courts, will provide excellent squash facilities for our current members and a future generation at the Cumberland.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases