Cumberland unveil new squash courts
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club celebrated a key moment in their history recently with the official opening of two new squash courts.
World-ranked players James Wilstrop, Paul Coll, Laura Massaro and Alison Waters attended the unveiling and, after a ribbon-cutting ceremony, played very competitive exhibition matches.
The action was followed by a Q&A session, with all four players entertaining members with anecdotes and passing on some helpful coaching tips.
And the clubhouse was full to capacity with past and present members, sponsors and members of the squash ‘family’ on a memorable evening.
Nick Dart, squash chairman and the driving force behind the project, thanked everyone for attending and gave a brief history of the building of the new courts.
He said: “These new squash courts, together with the four existing courts, will provide excellent squash facilities for our current members and a future generation at the Cumberland.”
- 1 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 2 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 3 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 8 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat
- 10 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire