Cricket: Three from three for Hampstead’s women teams on May Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty to shout about for Hampstead’s women teams over the last few days
It was a successful weekend for Hampstead’s women’s teams with all three winning over the May Bank Holiday.
The second-team won their first-ever fixture and in comprehensive fashion at home to Hitchen’s first XI.
An unbeaten 68 from Jenny Heppell and Sally Jeffrey’s 73 saw Hampstead’s seconds post 203-2 from their 30 overs.
It proved more than enough as Rachael Hewer picked up 3-6 from three overs while Hazel Alcraft (2-14) chipped in with a vital contribution.
You may also want to watch:
Hitchin were dismissed for 57 and Hampstead’s first-team were also victorious on Sunday afternoon.
Half-centuries from Eloise Porter (65) and Ellie Barker (51) helped them score 192-8 from their 40 overs against Actonians and they bowled out their opponents for 59.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
A day later Hampstead’s first-team took on Richmond in the ECB T20 Cup and made it through by eight wickets.
Richmond were dismissed for 53 and Hampstead knocked off the runs to make it three wins from three.