Cricket: Three from three for Hampstead’s women teams on May Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty to shout about for Hampstead’s women teams over the last few days
It was a successful weekend for Hampstead’s women’s teams with all three winning over the May Bank Holiday.
The second-team won their first-ever fixture and in comprehensive fashion at home to Hitchen’s first XI.
An unbeaten 68 from Jenny Heppell and Sally Jeffrey’s 73 saw Hampstead’s seconds post 203-2 from their 30 overs.
It proved more than enough as Rachael Hewer picked up 3-6 from three overs while Hazel Alcraft (2-14) chipped in with a vital contribution.
You may also want to watch:
Hitchin were dismissed for 57 and Hampstead’s first-team were also victorious on Sunday afternoon.
Half-centuries from Eloise Porter (65) and Ellie Barker (51) helped them score 192-8 from their 40 overs against Actonians and they bowled out their opponents for 59.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
A day later Hampstead’s first-team took on Richmond in the ECB T20 Cup and made it through by eight wickets.
Richmond were dismissed for 53 and Hampstead knocked off the runs to make it three wins from three.