Cricket: Three from three for Hampstead’s women teams on May Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty to shout about for Hampstead’s women teams over the last few days
It was a successful weekend for Hampstead’s women’s teams with all three winning over the May Bank Holiday.
The second-team won their first-ever fixture and in comprehensive fashion at home to Hitchen’s first XI.
An unbeaten 68 from Jenny Heppell and Sally Jeffrey’s 73 saw Hampstead’s seconds post 203-2 from their 30 overs.
It proved more than enough as Rachael Hewer picked up 3-6 from three overs while Hazel Alcraft (2-14) chipped in with a vital contribution.
Hitchin were dismissed for 57 and Hampstead’s first-team were also victorious on Sunday afternoon.
Half-centuries from Eloise Porter (65) and Ellie Barker (51) helped them score 192-8 from their 40 overs against Actonians and they bowled out their opponents for 59.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 10 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
A day later Hampstead’s first-team took on Richmond in the ECB T20 Cup and made it through by eight wickets.
Richmond were dismissed for 53 and Hampstead knocked off the runs to make it three wins from three.