Cricket: North Middlesex player Evan Flowers in Marylebone Cricket Club squad for tour of Brazil and Chile
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Flowers named in team off to South America in March
North Middlesex’s Evan Flowers has been named in the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) squad to tour Brazil and Chile in March.
The fifteen-day trip is the first of three overseas tours which will take place this year, with visits to Sweden and Kenya to follow.
MCC will take on the Brazilian, Chilean and Peruvian national sides during the trip, as well as several other fixtures against leading clubs in Brazil and Chile, with all matches being played under the T20 format.
The squad will first travel to the Chilean capital of Santiago, where they will take on the Prince of Wales Country Club, as well as the national teams of Peru and Chile and the team will also take part in training sessions with Chile national women’s team.
MCC will then head for Sao Paulo in Brazil, where they will play Sao Paulo CC and the Brazil national team, before a final stop in Rio de Janeiro to play Carioca CC.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes