Cricket: North Middlesex player Evan Flowers in Marylebone Cricket Club squad for tour of Brazil and Chile
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Flowers named in team off to South America in March
North Middlesex’s Evan Flowers has been named in the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) squad to tour Brazil and Chile in March.
The fifteen-day trip is the first of three overseas tours which will take place this year, with visits to Sweden and Kenya to follow.
MCC will take on the Brazilian, Chilean and Peruvian national sides during the trip, as well as several other fixtures against leading clubs in Brazil and Chile, with all matches being played under the T20 format.
The squad will first travel to the Chilean capital of Santiago, where they will take on the Prince of Wales Country Club, as well as the national teams of Peru and Chile and the team will also take part in training sessions with Chile national women’s team.
You may also want to watch:
MCC will then head for Sao Paulo in Brazil, where they will play Sao Paulo CC and the Brazil national team, before a final stop in Rio de Janeiro to play Carioca CC.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute