Cricket: Hornsey bid to maintain strong Middlesex County Division Two start at Winchmore Hill
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
A preview of this weekend’s matches in Middlesex County Division Two and Three
Hornsey will look to make it two wins from two in Middlesex County Division Two when they make the trip to Winchmore Hill this coming Saturday.
The Tivoli Road side began their season last weekend with an eight-wicket win at home to Eastcote.
After winning the toss and electing to field, Hornsey resticted the visitors to just 145-9 from their 45 overs, with Nii-Amaa Ollennu taking 4-43 with the ball.
Despite losing James Bull for a duck, fellow opener Joe Crame finished unbeaten on 51 as the Tivoli Road side eased home in the 30th over.
In Division Three, North London will hope the trip to Uxbridge this Saturday brings about their first league win of the season.
The Shepherd’s Cot Playing Fields club suffered opening-day disappointment last Saturday as they lost by 36 runs at home to Harrow Town.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
Tom Wakeford took 4-32 for North London, while Hussain Shabbir notched 49 with the bat, but both efforts were in vain.