Hampstead finish as Middlesex League Premier Division runners-up
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
A final day victory for Hampstead saw them finish as runners-up in the Middlesex County Cricket League Premier Division.
They clinched second ahead of Ealing by beating Teddington, hitting 280-7 before bowling out their opponents for 229.
Hampstead did not get off to a great start as opener Jack Biddulph was dismissed for four but fellow opener Mubasher Hassan hit 27.
Number three batsmen Callum Jackson then smashed 120 runs before he was caught as Sam Evison added another 32.
A half-century from Ben Frazer, hit off just 47 balls, also helped his side to victory as he then took the first wicket thanks to a catch from Will Roberts.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Gubbins hit 44 for Teddington but Hampstead's bowlers were in fine form as Frazer, Rich Banham, Scott Barlow, Roberts and Ajit Sambhi all managed to take two wickets each.
A late score of 31 from Charles Hopkins was not enough to rescue Teddington as Barlow got him out before Frazer took the last wicket of the day.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose