Hampstead finish as Middlesex League Premier Division runners-up
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
A final day victory for Hampstead saw them finish as runners-up in the Middlesex County Cricket League Premier Division.
They clinched second ahead of Ealing by beating Teddington, hitting 280-7 before bowling out their opponents for 229.
Hampstead did not get off to a great start as opener Jack Biddulph was dismissed for four but fellow opener Mubasher Hassan hit 27.
Number three batsmen Callum Jackson then smashed 120 runs before he was caught as Sam Evison added another 32.
A half-century from Ben Frazer, hit off just 47 balls, also helped his side to victory as he then took the first wicket thanks to a catch from Will Roberts.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Gubbins hit 44 for Teddington but Hampstead's bowlers were in fine form as Frazer, Rich Banham, Scott Barlow, Roberts and Ajit Sambhi all managed to take two wickets each.
A late score of 31 from Charles Hopkins was not enough to rescue Teddington as Barlow got him out before Frazer took the last wicket of the day.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath