Former Finchley amateur Courtenay ready for second pro bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Super bantamweight triumphed on her debut in the pro ranks in March
Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will take part in her second professional fight at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight was victorious on her debut in the paid ranks in March, beating Romania’s Cristina Busuioc on points at the Copper Box Arena.
The 25-year-old will look to follow that up again with another success on a stacked Matchroom show in the capital.
Finchley-based heavyweight Dereck Chisora is also booked for action on the card as he takes on German foe Senad Gashi.
The 35-year-old will be keen to return to winning ways against Gashi having lost in his previous bout against Dillian Whyte in December.
Chisora gave his all in that bout, like he does every time he steps into the ring, but was stopped in the 11th round.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 5 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 6 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 7 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 8 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
With the heavyweight division heating up currently, the 35-year-old will want a win to at least keep his name in discussions for potential world title fights.