Former Finchley amateur Courtenay ready for second pro bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Super bantamweight triumphed on her debut in the pro ranks in March
Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will take part in her second professional fight at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight was victorious on her debut in the paid ranks in March, beating Romania’s Cristina Busuioc on points at the Copper Box Arena.
The 25-year-old will look to follow that up again with another success on a stacked Matchroom show in the capital.
Finchley-based heavyweight Dereck Chisora is also booked for action on the card as he takes on German foe Senad Gashi.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old will be keen to return to winning ways against Gashi having lost in his previous bout against Dillian Whyte in December.
Chisora gave his all in that bout, like he does every time he steps into the ring, but was stopped in the 11th round.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
With the heavyweight division heating up currently, the 35-year-old will want a win to at least keep his name in discussions for potential world title fights.