Former Finchley amateur Courtenay ready for second pro bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Super bantamweight triumphed on her debut in the pro ranks in March
Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will take part in her second professional fight at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight was victorious on her debut in the paid ranks in March, beating Romania’s Cristina Busuioc on points at the Copper Box Arena.
The 25-year-old will look to follow that up again with another success on a stacked Matchroom show in the capital.
Finchley-based heavyweight Dereck Chisora is also booked for action on the card as he takes on German foe Senad Gashi.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old will be keen to return to winning ways against Gashi having lost in his previous bout against Dillian Whyte in December.
Chisora gave his all in that bout, like he does every time he steps into the ring, but was stopped in the 11th round.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
With the heavyweight division heating up currently, the 35-year-old will want a win to at least keep his name in discussions for potential world title fights.