Former Finchley amateur Courtenay ready for second pro bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Super bantamweight triumphed on her debut in the pro ranks in March
Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will take part in her second professional fight at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight was victorious on her debut in the paid ranks in March, beating Romania’s Cristina Busuioc on points at the Copper Box Arena.
The 25-year-old will look to follow that up again with another success on a stacked Matchroom show in the capital.
Finchley-based heavyweight Dereck Chisora is also booked for action on the card as he takes on German foe Senad Gashi.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old will be keen to return to winning ways against Gashi having lost in his previous bout against Dillian Whyte in December.
Chisora gave his all in that bout, like he does every time he steps into the ring, but was stopped in the 11th round.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
With the heavyweight division heating up currently, the 35-year-old will want a win to at least keep his name in discussions for potential world title fights.