Coronavirus: All hockey suspended
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
In light of the ongoing effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and government advice, England Hockey has taken the decision to suspend its nationally run hockey activity.
This includes the competition and domestic events programme, Player Pathway activity and national youth programmes until at least 15 April.
A statement said: “We would urge leagues, clubs, schools, Player Pathway centres and others who deliver hockey on a local level to support this approach.
“This decision will impact activities at differing levels and scale. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully and react as best we can during these unprecedented times. We’ll keep everyone in the hockey family as up to date as possible and look forward to hockey returning to normal when the time is right.”
List of suspended activity (as at March 16, 5pm)
You may also want to watch:
Mar 19: Schools Finals: Girls & Boys U18s Finals; Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Mar 21-22: Investec Women’s Hockey League
Mar 23-24: Boys Schools U14, U16, U18 finals; Reading Hockey Club
Mar 29: Men’s and Women’s Championship semi finals and Division One play-offs
Mar-Apr: Boys U16s Schools knockouts
Apr 4-5: U16 Club Finals, Nottingham Hockey Centre
Apr 5: League Finals; Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre
Player Pathway activity: Performance Centres, Academy Centres, Development Centres.
England Hockey participation programmes: Hockey Heroes, Back to Hockey, Walking Hockey.
GB Coaching/EH umpiring: Courses and Workshops.
Mar 21-22: England age group training days
April 6-9: DiSE; Lilleshall
Apr 11-13: England age group training camps; Lilleshall
Great Britain EDP:
Mar 17-18: Men’s Lilleshall camp
Mar 29: England women’s U21s
Apr 10-13: England & Scotland men’s U21s
Apr 10-13: England & Ireland women’s U21s
England Hockey: 17 Mar: England Hockey AGM.