Coronavirus: All hockey suspended
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
In light of the ongoing effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and government advice, England Hockey has taken the decision to suspend its nationally run hockey activity.
This includes the competition and domestic events programme, Player Pathway activity and national youth programmes until at least 15 April.
A statement said: “We would urge leagues, clubs, schools, Player Pathway centres and others who deliver hockey on a local level to support this approach.
“This decision will impact activities at differing levels and scale. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully and react as best we can during these unprecedented times. We’ll keep everyone in the hockey family as up to date as possible and look forward to hockey returning to normal when the time is right.”
List of suspended activity (as at March 16, 5pm)
You may also want to watch:
Mar 19: Schools Finals: Girls & Boys U18s Finals; Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Mar 21-22: Investec Women’s Hockey League
Mar 23-24: Boys Schools U14, U16, U18 finals; Reading Hockey Club
Mar 29: Men’s and Women’s Championship semi finals and Division One play-offs
Mar-Apr: Boys U16s Schools knockouts
Apr 4-5: U16 Club Finals, Nottingham Hockey Centre
Apr 5: League Finals; Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre
Player Pathway activity: Performance Centres, Academy Centres, Development Centres.
England Hockey participation programmes: Hockey Heroes, Back to Hockey, Walking Hockey.
GB Coaching/EH umpiring: Courses and Workshops.
Mar 21-22: England age group training days
April 6-9: DiSE; Lilleshall
Apr 11-13: England age group training camps; Lilleshall
Great Britain EDP:
Mar 17-18: Men’s Lilleshall camp
Mar 29: England women’s U21s
Apr 10-13: England & Scotland men’s U21s
Apr 10-13: England & Ireland women’s U21s
England Hockey: 17 Mar: England Hockey AGM.