Wigglesworth extends Saracens contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum-half to stay with north Londoners through to summer of 2020
Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth has extended his contract with Saracens through to the summer of 2020.
The England international’s deal was due to initially expire at the end of the current season, but has now had that contract extended by a further 12 months.
The 35-year-old initially moved to Allianz Park from Gallagher Premiership rivals Sale Sharks in the summer of 2010, so the new deal will see the experienced back rack up his 10th season with Sarries.
In that time, Wigglesworth has won three Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups.
The scrum-half also became the all-time record appearance maker in the Premiership earlier this season.
Wigglesworth told the club website: “I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of the club for nine years and I don’t think there’s too many people who have wanted to leave, and there’s a lot of people who have wanted come.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 3 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 8 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
“I’m just one of those many people who want to be associated with the club. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success here and I’m not interested in that finishing at the moment.”