Wigglesworth extends Saracens contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum-half to stay with north Londoners through to summer of 2020
Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth has extended his contract with Saracens through to the summer of 2020.
The England international’s deal was due to initially expire at the end of the current season, but has now had that contract extended by a further 12 months.
The 35-year-old initially moved to Allianz Park from Gallagher Premiership rivals Sale Sharks in the summer of 2010, so the new deal will see the experienced back rack up his 10th season with Sarries.
In that time, Wigglesworth has won three Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups.
You may also want to watch:
The scrum-half also became the all-time record appearance maker in the Premiership earlier this season.
Wigglesworth told the club website: “I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of the club for nine years and I don’t think there’s too many people who have wanted to leave, and there’s a lot of people who have wanted come.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
“I’m just one of those many people who want to be associated with the club. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success here and I’m not interested in that finishing at the moment.”