Wigglesworth extends Saracens contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum-half to stay with north Londoners through to summer of 2020
Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth has extended his contract with Saracens through to the summer of 2020.
The England international’s deal was due to initially expire at the end of the current season, but has now had that contract extended by a further 12 months.
The 35-year-old initially moved to Allianz Park from Gallagher Premiership rivals Sale Sharks in the summer of 2010, so the new deal will see the experienced back rack up his 10th season with Sarries.
In that time, Wigglesworth has won three Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups.
You may also want to watch:
The scrum-half also became the all-time record appearance maker in the Premiership earlier this season.
Wigglesworth told the club website: “I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of the club for nine years and I don’t think there’s too many people who have wanted to leave, and there’s a lot of people who have wanted come.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
“I’m just one of those many people who want to be associated with the club. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success here and I’m not interested in that finishing at the moment.”