Wigglesworth extends Saracens contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum-half to stay with north Londoners through to summer of 2020
Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth has extended his contract with Saracens through to the summer of 2020.
The England international’s deal was due to initially expire at the end of the current season, but has now had that contract extended by a further 12 months.
The 35-year-old initially moved to Allianz Park from Gallagher Premiership rivals Sale Sharks in the summer of 2010, so the new deal will see the experienced back rack up his 10th season with Sarries.
In that time, Wigglesworth has won three Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups.
You may also want to watch:
The scrum-half also became the all-time record appearance maker in the Premiership earlier this season.
Wigglesworth told the club website: “I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of the club for nine years and I don’t think there’s too many people who have wanted to leave, and there’s a lot of people who have wanted come.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
“I’m just one of those many people who want to be associated with the club. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success here and I’m not interested in that finishing at the moment.”