Wigglesworth extends Saracens contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum-half to stay with north Londoners through to summer of 2020
Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth has extended his contract with Saracens through to the summer of 2020.
The England international’s deal was due to initially expire at the end of the current season, but has now had that contract extended by a further 12 months.
The 35-year-old initially moved to Allianz Park from Gallagher Premiership rivals Sale Sharks in the summer of 2010, so the new deal will see the experienced back rack up his 10th season with Sarries.
In that time, Wigglesworth has won three Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups.
You may also want to watch:
The scrum-half also became the all-time record appearance maker in the Premiership earlier this season.
Wigglesworth told the club website: “I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of the club for nine years and I don’t think there’s too many people who have wanted to leave, and there’s a lot of people who have wanted come.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
“I’m just one of those many people who want to be associated with the club. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success here and I’m not interested in that finishing at the moment.”