Competition: Win tickets to the 2018 ITTF World Cup
- Credit: Archant
The world’s best table tennis players are coming to London — and we’re offering you the chance to win tickets to watch!
Top table tennis stars, including the Chinese and Japanese men’s teams, will take to the floor at the Copper Box Arena this month to showcase their skills and battle it out for the gold medal at the 2018 ITTF Team World Cup.
England’s men have qualified by rights for the event by virtue of their bronze medal at the World Championships in 2016, while the women’s team will have a host-nation place.
England’s number one, Paul Drinkhall, who was part of the 2016 World Championship bronze medal-winning squad, said: “This will be an exciting event for English and British table tennis as a whole and it’s great to be hosting it when we will be a part of it because of our World Championships medal.
“It’s an amazing venue, iconic if you like, and it will be great to visit the Olympic Park. Hopefully we can put in some good performances and challenge the best in the world and make some more memories.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of 12 men’s and 12 women’s teams will be competing.
The rest of the field will comprise the six continental champions and the other top finishers at the 2016 World Championships.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 6 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
This includes the current ranked world number one Dimitrij Ovtcharov (Germany), Olympic and World Champion Ma Long (China), and record-breaking 14-year-old rising star Harimoto Tomokazu (Japan).
The event, which is the first major table tennis tournament event to be held in London since 1954, takes place from February 22
To win one of three sets of family tickets to the semi-finals on February 24, please email email@example.com with your name by 5pm on February 19.
Any entries should include the ‘Ham & High Express’ name in the subject line of the email.
To find out more about the 2018 ITTF Team World Cup, visit ittf.com/tournament/2873/2018/ittf-team-world-cup/.