Chisora ready for second shot at Whyte
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces Dillian Whyte at The O2 on Saturday night in a fight that headlines a stacked Matchroom bill.
This will be the second match-up between the two British rivals, who previously met at the Manchester Arena in 2016.
That bout was a thriller which Whyte won on a split decision, while the build-up to the fight itself was also high on drama.
Chisora will be looking for a third straight win, having already beaten Zakaria Azzouzi and Carlos Takam so far in 2018.
With Whyte on the verge of participating in fights for world titles, it will offer a step up in class for the 34-year-old.
If Chisora can avenge the previous defeat to Whyte and continue his winning streak this weekend, then it may well be him who his opponents spot as a world-title hopeful.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
Chisora against Whyte headlines a Matchroom show that will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office.