Chisora ready for second shot at Whyte
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora faces Dillian Whyte at The O2 on Saturday night in a fight that headlines a stacked Matchroom bill.
This will be the second match-up between the two British rivals, who previously met at the Manchester Arena in 2016.
That bout was a thriller which Whyte won on a split decision, while the build-up to the fight itself was also high on drama.
Chisora will be looking for a third straight win, having already beaten Zakaria Azzouzi and Carlos Takam so far in 2018.
With Whyte on the verge of participating in fights for world titles, it will offer a step up in class for the 34-year-old.
If Chisora can avenge the previous defeat to Whyte and continue his winning streak this weekend, then it may well be him who his opponents spot as a world-title hopeful.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
Chisora against Whyte headlines a Matchroom show that will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office.