Chisora ready for crucial bout with Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
It’s make-or-break time for Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora when he steps into the ring at The O2 on Saturday night.
The 34-year-old takes on Carlos Takam of France on a Matchroom show in the capital this weekend.
Chisora was last in action in March when he beat Zakaria Azzouzi at The O2 to take his record to 28 wins from 36 fights.
Against Takam, the British heavyweight will face a foe who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles in Cardiff last November.
With Chisora himself having also previously challenged for world titles, it looks to be a fight too close to call.
The pair meet on a bill headlined by the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 5 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 6 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
Both Whyte and Parker have only one defeat on their respective records, coincidentally coming against former Finchley amateur Joshua.
Connor Benn, son of former world champion Nigel, is also scheduled for action at The O2 on Saturday.