Chisora ready for crucial bout with Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
It’s make-or-break time for Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora when he steps into the ring at The O2 on Saturday night.
The 34-year-old takes on Carlos Takam of France on a Matchroom show in the capital this weekend.
Chisora was last in action in March when he beat Zakaria Azzouzi at The O2 to take his record to 28 wins from 36 fights.
Against Takam, the British heavyweight will face a foe who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles in Cardiff last November.
You may also want to watch:
With Chisora himself having also previously challenged for world titles, it looks to be a fight too close to call.
The pair meet on a bill headlined by the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker.
- 1 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 2 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 8 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
Both Whyte and Parker have only one defeat on their respective records, coincidentally coming against former Finchley amateur Joshua.
Connor Benn, son of former world champion Nigel, is also scheduled for action at The O2 on Saturday.