Chisora ready for crucial bout with Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
It’s make-or-break time for Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora when he steps into the ring at The O2 on Saturday night.
The 34-year-old takes on Carlos Takam of France on a Matchroom show in the capital this weekend.
Chisora was last in action in March when he beat Zakaria Azzouzi at The O2 to take his record to 28 wins from 36 fights.
Against Takam, the British heavyweight will face a foe who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles in Cardiff last November.
With Chisora himself having also previously challenged for world titles, it looks to be a fight too close to call.
The pair meet on a bill headlined by the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 10 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
Both Whyte and Parker have only one defeat on their respective records, coincidentally coming against former Finchley amateur Joshua.
Connor Benn, son of former world champion Nigel, is also scheduled for action at The O2 on Saturday.