Chisora ready for crucial bout with Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
It’s make-or-break time for Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora when he steps into the ring at The O2 on Saturday night.
The 34-year-old takes on Carlos Takam of France on a Matchroom show in the capital this weekend.
Chisora was last in action in March when he beat Zakaria Azzouzi at The O2 to take his record to 28 wins from 36 fights.
Against Takam, the British heavyweight will face a foe who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles in Cardiff last November.
You may also want to watch:
With Chisora himself having also previously challenged for world titles, it looks to be a fight too close to call.
The pair meet on a bill headlined by the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
Both Whyte and Parker have only one defeat on their respective records, coincidentally coming against former Finchley amateur Joshua.
Connor Benn, son of former world champion Nigel, is also scheduled for action at The O2 on Saturday.