Chisora ready for crucial bout with Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
It’s make-or-break time for Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora when he steps into the ring at The O2 on Saturday night.
The 34-year-old takes on Carlos Takam of France on a Matchroom show in the capital this weekend.
Chisora was last in action in March when he beat Zakaria Azzouzi at The O2 to take his record to 28 wins from 36 fights.
Against Takam, the British heavyweight will face a foe who challenged Anthony Joshua for his world titles in Cardiff last November.
You may also want to watch:
With Chisora himself having also previously challenged for world titles, it looks to be a fight too close to call.
The pair meet on a bill headlined by the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Both Whyte and Parker have only one defeat on their respective records, coincidentally coming against former Finchley amateur Joshua.
Connor Benn, son of former world champion Nigel, is also scheduled for action at The O2 on Saturday.