Striker Onokwai departs Haringey Borough for St Albans City
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Striker Chid Onokwai has left Haringey Borough to further his career with a move to National League South outfit St Albans City.
Onokwai spent last season with Borough where he scored ten goals in ten games before injury halted that run last November.
Upon his return earlier this year he began to recapture his form only for the season to be cut short due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The towering striker also enjoyed a spell with FC Romania prior to his arrival at Coles Park, netting over 30 times in that period.
The former Romford striker was keen to thank Haringey for an enjoyable season but is now looking to the future.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank everyone in the Haringey Borough family, especially the fans for making it the most enjoyable year I’ve had in football.
“I now look forward to meeting the new faces and scoring more goals with St Albans in due time.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader