Striker Onokwai departs Haringey Borough for St Albans City
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Striker Chid Onokwai has left Haringey Borough to further his career with a move to National League South outfit St Albans City.
Onokwai spent last season with Borough where he scored ten goals in ten games before injury halted that run last November.
Upon his return earlier this year he began to recapture his form only for the season to be cut short due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The towering striker also enjoyed a spell with FC Romania prior to his arrival at Coles Park, netting over 30 times in that period.
The former Romford striker was keen to thank Haringey for an enjoyable season but is now looking to the future.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank everyone in the Haringey Borough family, especially the fans for making it the most enjoyable year I’ve had in football.
“I now look forward to meeting the new faces and scoring more goals with St Albans in due time.”
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 6 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect