Champions Hampstead end their season in style
- Credit: Max Flego
Champions Hampstead ended their historic title-winning season in style, with Mubasher Hassan hitting three successive sixes to complete an emphatic seven-wicket victory over Eastcote.
Fittingly, the departing Middlesex CC man Tom Smith took 5-17 while Ragheb Aga claimed 3-46 as Eastcote were dismissed for 125 in 35 overs.
Graham Clark was also a key man in his final appearance for the club, hitting an unbeaten 55 with support from Smith (40) and Hassan (28 not out) as the hosts raced to 130-3 in 22.5 overs.
The chairman of Hampstead’s playing committee, Nick Brown, said: “This was a pretty comfortable win and a fitting way for us to end a memorable season.
“It was good to have Tom Smith playing, not only for his on-field contribution but also as he has a contract with Gloucestershire for next season. It was great for him to be involved in the celebrations as he has contributed hugely in his time with Hampstead.
“We learnt on Saturday that Graham Clark has been offered a contract with Durham for next season. We will miss him of course, but we wish him very well and thank him for his contribution to Hampstead in 2013.
“Likewise, James Cameron [formerly of Worcestershire CC] will be leaving to start a career in finance in Australia. While injury curtailed his season, he contributed massively to our success and we wish him and Kate success.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 5 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 6 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 10 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
“We want to build on this season and are already speaking to prospective players for 2014, so hopefully there are exciting times ahead for Hampstead.”