Chalk Farm resident targets London Triathlon to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Chalk Farm resident is hitting the hills and swimming baths of north London to prepare for this summer’s London Triathlon.
Andrew Hunter, 23, of Eton Road, is taking on the challenge for Broadway Homelessness and Support, a London-based charity that helped more than 9,500 people last year.
Hunter has signed up for the sprint event at the London Triathlon – a 750m swim, a 20k cycle ride and a 5k run, which is half of the Olympic distance in each discipline – to help raise money for a charity that has grown close to his heart over the past six months.
He said: “I moved to London from Nottingham last summer to work for Broadway and, over the months, I have witnessed the amazing work it has done for people who are in desperate need of help.
“Rough sleeping and homelessness in London is an issue that people are increasingly aware of and, as I work for Broadway and I’m keen to get fit this coming year, it seemed a great event to get involved with.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m going to have to hit the ground running when I start training properly next month.
“If you see me on the streets of Chalk Farm or running up and down Primrose Hill, be sure to say ‘hello’.”
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
You can donate to Hunter’s cause by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AndrewHunterBroadway
Broadway has nine more places to fill for the triathlon, which is due to take place on Saturday August 2 and Sunday 3.
To sign up for a place, contact Hunter at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals can sign up for £50 with a minimum sponsorship of £500. Teams pay £75 to register with a minimum sponsorship of £750 combined.
For more information on Broadway Homelessness and Support and to donate to the charity, visit www.broadwaylondon.org.