Chalk Farm resident targets London Triathlon to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Chalk Farm resident is hitting the hills and swimming baths of north London to prepare for this summer’s London Triathlon.
Andrew Hunter, 23, of Eton Road, is taking on the challenge for Broadway Homelessness and Support, a London-based charity that helped more than 9,500 people last year.
Hunter has signed up for the sprint event at the London Triathlon – a 750m swim, a 20k cycle ride and a 5k run, which is half of the Olympic distance in each discipline – to help raise money for a charity that has grown close to his heart over the past six months.
He said: “I moved to London from Nottingham last summer to work for Broadway and, over the months, I have witnessed the amazing work it has done for people who are in desperate need of help.
“Rough sleeping and homelessness in London is an issue that people are increasingly aware of and, as I work for Broadway and I’m keen to get fit this coming year, it seemed a great event to get involved with.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m going to have to hit the ground running when I start training properly next month.
“If you see me on the streets of Chalk Farm or running up and down Primrose Hill, be sure to say ‘hello’.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
You can donate to Hunter’s cause by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AndrewHunterBroadway
Broadway has nine more places to fill for the triathlon, which is due to take place on Saturday August 2 and Sunday 3.
To sign up for a place, contact Hunter at Andrew.email@example.com. Individuals can sign up for £50 with a minimum sponsorship of £500. Teams pay £75 to register with a minimum sponsorship of £750 combined.
For more information on Broadway Homelessness and Support and to donate to the charity, visit www.broadwaylondon.org.