Swimming: Camden Swiss Cottage in top-three finish at national final
- Credit: Archant
Camden Swiss Cottage SC finished third at the Arena Junior Inter-League national final in Corby.
The squad, including youngsters aged nine to 12, was making the club’s second appearace at the event, after finishing fourth last year and qualifying in sixth place.
And there were stand-out performances from Nick Finch, who won the 50m butterfly and took third in the 50m backstroke to finish as joint top 12-year-old boy, having won the 11-year-old honours last year.
Ines Guimond-Beetham and Lucas Bohm won their 50m butterfly and 50m breaststroke events, before captains Charlotte Shaw and Nik Markov received the trophy.
Delighted assistant head coach Gerry Gillespie said: “To make the national final of this competition is a huge achievement in itself. Myself and the coaching team are beyond proud of our third-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all hugely impressed by the positive attitude, professionalism and team spirit demonstrated by all our Camden yougnsters. They are a credit to the club and borough.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale