Swimming: Camden Swiss Cottage in top-three finish at national final
- Credit: Archant
Camden Swiss Cottage SC finished third at the Arena Junior Inter-League national final in Corby.
The squad, including youngsters aged nine to 12, was making the club’s second appearace at the event, after finishing fourth last year and qualifying in sixth place.
And there were stand-out performances from Nick Finch, who won the 50m butterfly and took third in the 50m backstroke to finish as joint top 12-year-old boy, having won the 11-year-old honours last year.
Ines Guimond-Beetham and Lucas Bohm won their 50m butterfly and 50m breaststroke events, before captains Charlotte Shaw and Nik Markov received the trophy.
Delighted assistant head coach Gerry Gillespie said: “To make the national final of this competition is a huge achievement in itself. Myself and the coaching team are beyond proud of our third-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all hugely impressed by the positive attitude, professionalism and team spirit demonstrated by all our Camden yougnsters. They are a credit to the club and borough.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?