Swimming: Camden Swiss Cottage in top-three finish at national final
- Credit: Archant
Camden Swiss Cottage SC finished third at the Arena Junior Inter-League national final in Corby.
The squad, including youngsters aged nine to 12, was making the club’s second appearace at the event, after finishing fourth last year and qualifying in sixth place.
And there were stand-out performances from Nick Finch, who won the 50m butterfly and took third in the 50m backstroke to finish as joint top 12-year-old boy, having won the 11-year-old honours last year.
Ines Guimond-Beetham and Lucas Bohm won their 50m butterfly and 50m breaststroke events, before captains Charlotte Shaw and Nik Markov received the trophy.
Delighted assistant head coach Gerry Gillespie said: “To make the national final of this competition is a huge achievement in itself. Myself and the coaching team are beyond proud of our third-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all hugely impressed by the positive attitude, professionalism and team spirit demonstrated by all our Camden yougnsters. They are a credit to the club and borough.”
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill