Camden Swiss Cottage youngsters impress at London Regional Age Group Championships
- Credit: Archant
A contingent of Camden Swiss Cottage’s youngsters faced their biggest challenge of the season so far at the London Regional Age Group Championships, held over two weekends at Crystal Palace.
Alexis Lambropoulos, 12, reached six finals at the event for 11 to 14-year-olds, just missing out on a number of podium finishes before claiming silver in the 200m freestyle.
Julia Murphy, 13, won triple bronze in the 50m freestyle, 50m breaststroke and 200m individual medley, while Gabriele Giovannoni, 12, showed great endurance to take two bronzes in the 1500m freestyle and 400m IM events.
Ella McEver, 11, did well to secure the bronze in the 200m breaststroke, facing rivals who were a year older than her – and she also came fourth in the 100m event, while Marliese Rittenhouse, 13, and Lauren Brantley, 14, both powered to bronze medals in their respective 100m butterfly competitions.
There were further top-eight finishes for Brandon Biss, Lyelle Kahaner, Alexander Chen, Amir Castronovo, Clementine Butler Brown and Ally Dill, who all qualified for finals in a highly competitive field.
You may also want to watch:
There was an additional medal for Camden when the men’s quartet of Graham Brantley, Mika Fitzpatrick-Suen, Joseph Wildisen and Alexander Borisov clinched silver in the 4x200m freestyle relay.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return