Camden Swiss Cottage swimmers put in one Muir effort for Gill
- Credit: Archant
Camden Swiss Cottage’s young swimmers sent their departing team manager Gill Muir off in style by finishing third in the grand final of the M11 Junior League.
Muir, the club’s community coach and head of development swimming, has been a key figure in nurturing the development squads, and she is now moving on to devote more time to her own swim school.
In a closely-fought battle which brought spectators to their feet at Blackshots Pool in Thurrock, Camden finished with 28 league points behind Barnet Copthall (35 points) and second-placed Romford Town (30), improving on last year’s fourth-place finish.
All six finalist clubs fielded their top junior swimmers and the standard of competition was fierce.
Swiss Cottage’s Marliese Rittenhouse powered to victory in both her races, and Nora Rotman, Ruby Coyle, Aaron Waring and Alexander Borisov also secured maximum points for their club.
You may also want to watch:
Rotman and Rittenhouse also teamed up with Allie Gruber and Anna Waring to win the nine-and-under girls’ freestyle relay.
Second-placed finishes came from Rotman, Daniel Markov, Callum Carlisle, Lara Tobias-Tarsh and Celine Markantonis while Charlie Pliner, Clementine Butler Brown, Coyle, Celine Markantonis, Lauren Brantley, Keyleigh Caffrey and Terry McAvoy were third in their events.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden