Camden Swiss Cottage make early splash with fine haul at Middlesex Championships
- Credit: Archant
Camden Swiss Cottage swimmers showed strong ealry season form to finish second at the Middlesex Youth and Age Group Championships.
It was their first outing under new head coach Adam Taylor and para swimmer Charlotte Hyde, 16, topped the gold medal table with five in the 50m, 100m and 400m freestyle, 100m backstroke and 100m breaststroke, alongside one silver medal.
Ella McEver, 13, took 10 medals – winning the 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke for the third consecutive year, as well as five silvers and two bronzes – and Lucas Bohm, 11, won triple gold in the 100m medley, 50m and 200m breaststroke, alongside a silver
Jackson Olin, 16, won the 100m and 200m backstroke and 100m butterfly, adding two silvers and a bronze to his collection.
Anna Podurgiel, 16, was a double winner in the 50m and 100m freestyle, claiming two further silver and three bronze, as Ally Larson, 18, won golds in the 200m and 400m medley, adding one silver and two bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Ava Lambropoulos, 11, ended the championships with nine medals, including gold in the 200m medley and eight silvers as sister Alexis, 14, claimed double gold with victories in the 200m and 400m freestyle.
Also taking gold were Oliver Wright, 13, in the 200m breaststroke alongside two silver medals), Edie McGrath, 13, in the tough 200m fly and para-swimmer Leah O’Connell, 16, who won the 200m medley along with three silver medals.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
Further gold medals came from two 200m medley relay teams – Kasper Nicholson, Lucas Bohm, Leonardo Brero and Damian Miceta in the 10/11-year-old boys and the 13-year-old boys’ team of Brandon Biss, Oliver Wright, Leo He and Antoine Divet.
Biss also powered to five silvers and two bronzes and He won three silvers and one bronze, while Miceta bagged two silvers and two bronze.
Further silver medalists for Camden Swiss Cottage went to Nick Finch, Marlie Rittenhouse, Amir Castronovo, Yann Divet, Lauren Brantley, Nirav Tomasi and Charlie Fraser-Allen.
Bronze medals went to Nick Finch, Emilia Magliocco, Alex and Will Chen, Annelise O’Connell, Sharlize Abbas, Lyelle Kahaner, Alex Pama, Nathalie Lustig, Marlie Rittenhouse, Clementine Butler Brown, Ally Dill, Charlie Fraser-Allen and Bryce Puszet.