Camden’s Robert Gallucio wins bronze at British National Pro Jiu Jitsu Championships
- Credit: Archant
Camden’s Robert Gallucio has won bronze at the British National Pro Jiu Jitsu Championships.
Gallucio, of Weedington Road, came third in the male adult purple belt 77kg category – although he had mixed feelings about his performance at the tournament.
“I was a little frustrated as I got disqualified in my first fight, but I went through to the bronze medal fight and won that,” he said. “I plan to compete at the Grand Slam in March and go back down to featherweight – for that I will have to be healthier and train harder.”
There were 150 fights at the competition, which was held at Westcroft Leisure Centre in Sutton, Surrey, featuring participants from around the world, with medals being won by entrants from all ages and levels.
Gus Oliveira, tournament organiser for the UAE Jiu Jitsu Federation, said: “Many congratulations to Robert and we look forward to seeing him at our next big event – the Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Jiu Jitsu World Tour, which comes to London’s Excel Centre on March 19.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the fourth and final event in the World Tour and is the most prestigious tournament in Europe this season.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair