Camden footballer’s a step closer to his dream of winning professional contract
- Credit: Archant
Camden footballer Charlie Ball is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 19-year-old midfielder, from Malden Crescent in Camden Town, is one of 88 players who have progressed to the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record 5,700 entrants.
Ball impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre.
Along with 19-year-old right-back Oliver Noel, from Finchley Road in Hampstead, he will now compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Sunday.
Ball said: “It feels amazing to make it through to the semi-finals. I can’t explain just exactly how I felt when I received confirmation that I’d progressed.
“Since the regional trial I’ve been training as much as possible to keep myself fit and match-ready.
“To be just two games away from a professional contract is mind blowing. I can’t wait, and hopefully I’ll impress everyone there.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead