Camden footballer’s a step closer to his dream of winning professional contract
- Credit: Archant
Camden footballer Charlie Ball is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 19-year-old midfielder, from Malden Crescent in Camden Town, is one of 88 players who have progressed to the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record 5,700 entrants.
Ball impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre.
Along with 19-year-old right-back Oliver Noel, from Finchley Road in Hampstead, he will now compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Sunday.
Ball said: “It feels amazing to make it through to the semi-finals. I can’t explain just exactly how I felt when I received confirmation that I’d progressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the regional trial I’ve been training as much as possible to keep myself fit and match-ready.
“To be just two games away from a professional contract is mind blowing. I can’t wait, and hopefully I’ll impress everyone there.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action