Camden footballer’s a step closer to his dream of winning professional contract
- Credit: Archant
Camden footballer Charlie Ball is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 19-year-old midfielder, from Malden Crescent in Camden Town, is one of 88 players who have progressed to the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record 5,700 entrants.
Ball impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre.
Along with 19-year-old right-back Oliver Noel, from Finchley Road in Hampstead, he will now compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Sunday.
Ball said: “It feels amazing to make it through to the semi-finals. I can’t explain just exactly how I felt when I received confirmation that I’d progressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the regional trial I’ve been training as much as possible to keep myself fit and match-ready.
“To be just two games away from a professional contract is mind blowing. I can’t wait, and hopefully I’ll impress everyone there.”
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 4 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 5 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'