Camden footballer’s a step closer to his dream of winning professional contract
- Credit: Archant
Camden footballer Charlie Ball is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 19-year-old midfielder, from Malden Crescent in Camden Town, is one of 88 players who have progressed to the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record 5,700 entrants.
Ball impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre.
Along with 19-year-old right-back Oliver Noel, from Finchley Road in Hampstead, he will now compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Sunday.
Ball said: “It feels amazing to make it through to the semi-finals. I can’t explain just exactly how I felt when I received confirmation that I’d progressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the regional trial I’ve been training as much as possible to keep myself fit and match-ready.
“To be just two games away from a professional contract is mind blowing. I can’t wait, and hopefully I’ll impress everyone there.”
- 1 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 4 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally