Camden footballer’s a step closer to his dream of winning professional contract
- Credit: Archant
Camden footballer Charlie Ball is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 19-year-old midfielder, from Malden Crescent in Camden Town, is one of 88 players who have progressed to the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record 5,700 entrants.
Ball impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre.
Along with 19-year-old right-back Oliver Noel, from Finchley Road in Hampstead, he will now compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Sunday.
Ball said: “It feels amazing to make it through to the semi-finals. I can’t explain just exactly how I felt when I received confirmation that I’d progressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the regional trial I’ve been training as much as possible to keep myself fit and match-ready.
“To be just two games away from a professional contract is mind blowing. I can’t wait, and hopefully I’ll impress everyone there.”
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park