Camden fighter Martin Power lines up a shot at British title
�Camden’s Martin Power’s next bout could be for the British super-flyweight belt, reveals his trainer.
The former British bantamweight champion, was last seen stopping Francis Croes in Essex in February.
So impressive was the victory that he has been offered another shot at a British belt – and the chance to contest the lucrative Prizefighter series later in the year.
“We are going to prepare him for the British title and he has also been offered a shot at Prizefighter later in the year,” his trainer CJ Hussein told Ham&High Sport.
“He has got a really good chance in Prizefighter as he is a very aggressive fighter and will be hard to beat at the eight stone of super-flyweight.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to start preparing him now for both bouts, a 12-rounder for the British belt in August, and the Prizefighter in November. His next fight could be for the British title.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners