Camden fighter Martin Power lines up a shot at British title
�Camden’s Martin Power’s next bout could be for the British super-flyweight belt, reveals his trainer.
The former British bantamweight champion, was last seen stopping Francis Croes in Essex in February.
So impressive was the victory that he has been offered another shot at a British belt – and the chance to contest the lucrative Prizefighter series later in the year.
“We are going to prepare him for the British title and he has also been offered a shot at Prizefighter later in the year,” his trainer CJ Hussein told Ham&High Sport.
“He has got a really good chance in Prizefighter as he is a very aggressive fighter and will be hard to beat at the eight stone of super-flyweight.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to start preparing him now for both bouts, a 12-rounder for the British belt in August, and the Prizefighter in November. His next fight could be for the British title.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour