Camden fighter Martin Power lines up a shot at British title
�Camden’s Martin Power’s next bout could be for the British super-flyweight belt, reveals his trainer.
The former British bantamweight champion, was last seen stopping Francis Croes in Essex in February.
So impressive was the victory that he has been offered another shot at a British belt – and the chance to contest the lucrative Prizefighter series later in the year.
“We are going to prepare him for the British title and he has also been offered a shot at Prizefighter later in the year,” his trainer CJ Hussein told Ham&High Sport.
“He has got a really good chance in Prizefighter as he is a very aggressive fighter and will be hard to beat at the eight stone of super-flyweight.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to start preparing him now for both bouts, a 12-rounder for the British belt in August, and the Prizefighter in November. His next fight could be for the British title.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke