Brown left feeling blue
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places. Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side...
MCL DIVISION THREE
HIGHGATE 200 (0pts) lost to BARNES 201-7 (10)
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places.
Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side all the points as they chased 201 for victory, before they squeezed home by three wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Having lost the toss, Highgate were put in by the home side and lost Matt Holly and Nick Brunner early to Barnes paceman Ed Craig.
However James Warburton (20) and Graeme Jenkins (45) steadied the ship, and then Jim Denning hit a patient half-century and Phil Brown added a late 44, but nobody else made double figures.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
As a result Highgate were all out for 200 from 55 overs, which was probably 30 or 40 shy of a match-winning total.
So it was to prove, as an unbeaten 87 from Joe Taylor led Barnes to victory despite Brown's four wickets and 3-54 from Tony Duckett.