Brown left feeling blue
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places. Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side...
MCL DIVISION THREE
HIGHGATE 200 (0pts) lost to BARNES 201-7 (10)
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places.
Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side all the points as they chased 201 for victory, before they squeezed home by three wickets.
Having lost the toss, Highgate were put in by the home side and lost Matt Holly and Nick Brunner early to Barnes paceman Ed Craig.
However James Warburton (20) and Graeme Jenkins (45) steadied the ship, and then Jim Denning hit a patient half-century and Phil Brown added a late 44, but nobody else made double figures.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 5 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 6 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
As a result Highgate were all out for 200 from 55 overs, which was probably 30 or 40 shy of a match-winning total.
So it was to prove, as an unbeaten 87 from Joe Taylor led Barnes to victory despite Brown's four wickets and 3-54 from Tony Duckett.