Brown left feeling blue
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places. Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side...
MCL DIVISION THREE
HIGHGATE 200 (0pts) lost to BARNES 201-7 (10)
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places.
Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side all the points as they chased 201 for victory, before they squeezed home by three wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Having lost the toss, Highgate were put in by the home side and lost Matt Holly and Nick Brunner early to Barnes paceman Ed Craig.
However James Warburton (20) and Graeme Jenkins (45) steadied the ship, and then Jim Denning hit a patient half-century and Phil Brown added a late 44, but nobody else made double figures.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
As a result Highgate were all out for 200 from 55 overs, which was probably 30 or 40 shy of a match-winning total.
So it was to prove, as an unbeaten 87 from Joe Taylor led Barnes to victory despite Brown's four wickets and 3-54 from Tony Duckett.