Brown left feeling blue
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places. Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side...
MCL DIVISION THREE
HIGHGATE 200 (0pts) lost to BARNES 201-7 (10)
A SUPERB all-round display from Phil Brown could not save Highgate from defeat at Barnes that saw them fall further behind the promotion places.
Brown's 4-56 almost denied the home side all the points as they chased 201 for victory, before they squeezed home by three wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Having lost the toss, Highgate were put in by the home side and lost Matt Holly and Nick Brunner early to Barnes paceman Ed Craig.
However James Warburton (20) and Graeme Jenkins (45) steadied the ship, and then Jim Denning hit a patient half-century and Phil Brown added a late 44, but nobody else made double figures.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
As a result Highgate were all out for 200 from 55 overs, which was probably 30 or 40 shy of a match-winning total.
So it was to prove, as an unbeaten 87 from Joe Taylor led Barnes to victory despite Brown's four wickets and 3-54 from Tony Duckett.