Brondesbury unbeaten in six
MARK Turner hit a sparkling century as Brondesbury (223-8) extended their unbeaten run to six games with victory over Stanmore (108) to ensure a top-half finish in the Premier Division. Turner s unbeaten knock of 114 underpinned Brondesbury s 115 run vict
MARK Turner hit a sparkling century as Brondesbury (223-8) extended their unbeaten run to six games with victory over Stanmore (108) to ensure a top-half finish in the Premier Division.
Turner's unbeaten knock of 114 underpinned Brondesbury's 115 run victory.
Asked to bat first, Brondesbury lost Chris Paget for six, but Turner and Tom Simpson put on 87 for the second wicket before Simpson was stumped off Dipesh Jadav, three short of his half-century.
Adam Sargent fell to Jadav immediately without scoring, but Andrew Cox (21) helped Turner take Brondesbury to 161-3, only for Mukesh Bhatt (4-75) to halt their progress.
Bhatt accounted for Cox, Danny Evans, William Denselow and Nick Brand and, although Turner completed his ton, it needed a flourish of 20 from Byron Vermaak to haul the visitors up to 223-8 from 66 overs.
Stanmore's reply got off to a slow start with Vermaak (5-55) dismissing openers Jonathan Whealing and Steve Mehra, while Danny Evans (2-11) and Toby Sharpe (2-35) reduced them to 31-6.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
An eight-wicket stand of 50 between Alistair Fraser (27) and Marc Reingold (48) raised hopes for Stanmore, before Fraser's innings was ended by a run-out and Vermaak then returned to finish proceedings in the 36th over by removing Reingold and Jadav.