Saracens focused on hitting the ground running says Alex Lozowski
- Credit: PA
Alex Lozowski says Saracens are fully focused on hitting the ground running as they head to Ashton Gate for the Gallagher Premiership opener against Bristol on Friday night.
The England international is back after spending last season in Montpellier, and is straight in to the starting line-up to take on the semi-finalists from the 20/21 campaign.
Ralph Adams-Hale starts at loosehead alongside Tom Woolstencroft and Marco Riccioni in the front-row, who makes his Premiership debut after the summer move from Benetton.
Nick Isiekwe and Tim Swinson will operate in the second-row, whilst Jackson Wray captains the team from blindside next to Ben Earl and Billy Vunipola at the base of the scrum.
Aled Davies gets the nod at scrum-half with Lozowski his half-back partner at Ashton Gate.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Tompkins and Dom Morris continue their midfield partnership which functioned well in pre-season, and in the back-three there is plenty of pace in the form of Rotimi Segun, Alex Lewington and Elliott Obatoyinbo.
On the bench there is lots of Premiership experience with the likes of Richard Barrington amongst the replacements, and there could be a Saracens debut for Joe Simpson who arrived this week on a loan deal from Gloucester.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Lozowski says Sarries can’t wait for the curtain raiser on Friday against the Bears.
“We’ve had a good pre-season which is now behind us so we’re fully focused on getting off to a good start and hitting the ground running.
“Bristol have evolved their game over the last few years and are very organised so we need to be ready for a great challenge.”
Saracens Men team to play Bristol Bears:
1 Ralph Adams-Hale
2 Tom Woolstencroft
3 Marco Riccioni
4 Nick Isiekwe
5 Tim Swinson
6 Jackson Wray (c)
7 Ben Earl
8 Billy Vunipola
9 Aled Davies
10 Alex Lozowski
11 Rotimi Segun
12 Nick Tompkins
13 Dom Morris
14 Alex Lewington
15 Elliott Obatoyinbo
16 Kapeli Pifeleti
17 Richard Barrington
18 Alec Clarey
19 Callum Hunter-Hill
20 Sean Reffell
21 Joe Simpson
22 Manu Vunipola
23 Ben Harris