Brilliant Manato Nakatani heading for World Championship in California
- Credit: Archant
Hendon Golf Club’s Manato Nakatani’s breathtaking start to the season shows no sign of slowing down as he qualified to play in the IMG Academy Junior World Championships in California this summer.
The 12-year-old was playing in the boys 11-12 age group in the British Junior Golf Tour’s qualifying tournament at Park Hill GC in Leicestershire on Sunday.
And after winning the opening Super Six event at The Bedford GC last month, Nakatani was a model of consistency again, particularly over the back nine, as he carded a score of 82 to finish one ahead of Derbyshire’s Thomas Weeks.
With Sky Sports Television show Game Changers filming the younger age groups in the morning competition, Manato’s 10-year-old sister Haruhi showed her talent as she finished third in her girls age group.
Almost 130 golfers from across the country took part in all the divisions as they attempted to book a place in the prestigious 2017 event, whose previous winners have included Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.
You may also want to watch:
The top boy and girl in all the six age groups will now represent British Junior Golf Tour in the competition, which will feature 1,200 participants from 56 countries.
The tournament starts on July 10.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52